Ghosts & Ghouls

Ramant62

Hi all, just returned from a few days stay at The Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool, and didn't realise until I got home that it is supposed to be the most haunted hotel in the UK. Didn't see or experience anything during our stay though. Just wondering if any of you guys/gals believe in ghosts etc, and have ever seen or had a ghostly experience that you could tell us about. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do watch and am quite interested in ghost videos on YouTube. Some are quite clearly fake and some unexplainable. At night when I hear a noise or a bang I think "s*** a ghost" and get extremely scared. I comfort myself by thinking of logical explanations and 99% of the time it turns out to be just that. For example an open window caused my door to slam.

I wouldn't say I'm a firm believer but I certainly am sceptical about them. Guess we will never know really

I'm only asking because i have had a few experiences, but the one i want to tell you about is a bit lengthy and concerns my son who up until 2 years ago was a definite non believer. My son goes to uni in Liverpool, so we go visiting him when we can. 2 years ago, myself, wife, son and teenage daughter went to the open day at uni. We had booked a hotel but this was changed and we were upgraded to another hotel en route. However, the rooms we had booked were not available, and so my son and daughter had to share a twin room, while me and my other half had the double room across the hall instead of a family room we had booked. In the early hours, my son unable to sleep, was sat up in bed looking at the uni prospectus on his laptop with only the light from his laptop lighting the room. For no apparent reason, at 3:10 am the bedside clock alarm which had not been set suddenly went off, and at the same time fell off the table onto the floor. My son quickly got out of bed and turned off the alarm so as not to disturb his sister who remained asleep. He replaced the clock and got back into bed and felt a little uneasy, but went back onto his laptop. While looking at the screen he was made aware that something in the room was moving, and not wanting to look up from his laptop, he could see in his sight line what he thought was a tall black figure wearing a tall hat moving from one side of the room to the other before disappearing out through a brick wall. Almost immediately following this, he heard creaking floor boards inside the room door, and he could just make out another dark figure like that of a child. He said the figure was moving in an up and down motion as it went across the room, like a child would on a scooter. This figure also left via the solid brick wall. He didn't tell us about it until morning, but it had affected him so much that we had to leave the hotel early and book into another hotel for one night. While there, we looked up the hotel we had left on line, and it was indeed known to be haunted, and among the ghostly spirits seen were a tall gentleman in a black cloak and top hat, and a child on a scooter. But the story doesn't quite end there, so if you are reading and you are still awake, I will finish. When we got home, I went to visit my mother who in her younger days had had strong family connections with spiritualist mediums. Before i had time to sit down, she asked me the question, had something scary happened while we were away,  I asked her like what, and she said that for no reason at all on Saturday morning (the same morning), she woke abruptly in the early hours, and had a worrying sense that something was not right where we were. I asked her what time this was, and she said that she had turned on her lamp to see the clock and it was 3:10 am. I then relayed this whole story to her.

26 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

I do watch and am quite interested in ghost videos on YouTube. Some are quite clearly fake and some unexplainable. At night when I hear a noise or a bang I think "s*** a ghost" and get extremely scared. I comfort myself by thinking of logical explanations and 99% of the time it turns out to be just that. For example an open window caused my door to slam.

I wouldn't say I'm a firm believer but I certainly am sceptical about them. Guess we will never know really

Yes unfortunately there are far to many fakes, and it spoils it for others who have a genuine interest in it.

5 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

I'm only asking because i have had a few experiences, but the one i want to tell you about is a bit lengthy and concerns my son who up until 2 years ago was a definite non believer. My son goes to uni in Liverpool, so we go visiting him when we can. 2 years ago, myself, wife, son and teenage daughter went to the open day at uni. We had booked a hotel but this was changed and we were upgraded to another hotel en route. However, the rooms we had booked were not available, and so my son and daughter had to share a twin room, while me and my other half had the double room across the hall instead of a family room we had booked. In the early hours, my son unable to sleep, was sat up in bed looking at the uni prospectus on his laptop with only the light from his laptop lighting the room. For no apparent reason, at 3:10 am the bedside clock alarm which had not been set suddenly went off, and at the same time fell off the table onto the floor. My son quickly got out of bed and turned off the alarm so as not to disturb his sister who remained asleep. He replaced the clock and got back into bed and felt a little uneasy, but went back onto his laptop. While looking at the screen he was made aware that something in the room was moving, and not wanting to look up from his laptop, he could see in his sight line what he thought was a tall black figure wearing a tall hat moving from one side of the room to the other before disappearing out through a brick wall. Almost immediately following this, he heard creaking floor boards inside the room door, and he could just make out another dark figure like that of a child. He said the figure was moving in an up and down motion as it went across the room, like a child would on a scooter. This figure also left via the solid brick wall. He didn't tell us about it until morning, but it had affected him so much that we had to leave the hotel early and book into another hotel for one night. While there, we looked up the hotel we had left on line, and it was indeed known to be haunted, and among the ghostly spirits seen were a tall gentleman in a black cloak and top hat, and a child on a scooter. But the story doesn't quite end there, so if you are reading and you are still awake, I will finish. When we got home, I went to visit my mother who in her younger days had had strong family connections with spiritualist mediums. Before i had time to sit down, she asked me the question, had something scary happened while we were away,  I asked her like what, and she said that for no reason at all on Saturday morning (the same morning), she woke abruptly in the early hours, and had a worrying sense that something was not right where we were. I asked her what time this was, and she said that she had turned on her lamp to see the clock and it was 3:10 am. I then relayed this whole story to her.

God I hope this is fake 

13 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

Tell us some more then, can't just leave it like that.

At my mum's house on the night my grandad had died. Heard the back gate open, our dog is going absolutely mental (completely out of character) my mum goes out of the room to look in the back garden, leaving me alone in the living room. The room goes icy cold and I am absolutely freezing. Mum comes back into the room screams and runs out. Wasn't until a few years later that she tells me the reason, she said my grandad was stood there with his arm around me. Very spooky indeed!

2 hours ago, ramant62 said:

Hi all, just returned from a few days stay at The Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool, and didn't realise until I got home that it is supposed to be the most haunted hotel in the UK. Didn't see or experience anything during our stay though. Just wondering if any of you guys/gals believe in ghosts etc, and have ever seen or had a ghostly experience that you could tell us about. Thanks in advance.

I would ask a fefund  for the lack of ghosts and ghouls.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

At my mum's house on the night my grandad had died. Heard the back gate open, our dog is going absolutely mental (completely out of character) my mum goes out of the room to look in the back garden, leaving me alone in the living room. The room goes icy cold and I am absolutely freezing. Mum comes back into the room screams and runs out. Wasn't until a few years later that she tells me the reason, she said my grandad was stood there with his arm around me. Very spooky indeed!

The hairs on my neck just stood up !!!!

Archived