Ramsplayer

therealhantsram

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, K-Ram said:

Does anyone know the specifics of the pricing structure for the streaming service? As a wandering Ram this news puts me in my happy place.

That's what I would like to know.  I was happy with the yearly cost of Ramsplayer. 

Ramsplayer was brilliant for getting away match commentary from Radio Derby when out of the Derby area. 

Now the video content has been pulled from the paid service and interviews are available full and free on the website, I would like to see a significant price drop for the radio service, after all it is just the Radio Derby feed, by that I mean if you live local it's free to listen anyway.

I will still grumble if it comes at any cost because I'm tight and that I can listen to Radio Nottingham through freeview on my TV but just out of reach for Derby. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

That's what I would like to know.  I was happy with the yearly cost of Ramsplayer. 

Ramsplayer was brilliant for getting away match commentary from Radio Derby when out of the Derby area. 

I heard of approx £100 for the season, which I would go to for a pass to watch every game of the season. Be interesting to see how it pans out across the league. The NFL uses a similar system which has been mooted in the premier league as well. Interesting times in terms of English football media. Will also be interesting to see how they frame the coverage, I.e. if it is match only or developed further into panel pre and post match.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Now the video content has been pulled from the paid service and interviews are available full and free on the website, I would like to see a significant price drop for the radio service, after all it is just the Radio Derby feed, by that I mean if you live local it's free to listen anyway.

I will still grumble if it comes at any cost because I'm tight and that I can listen to Radio Nottingham through freeview on my TV but just out of reach for Derby. 

Any idea how much it will be just for Radio commentary on the new set up  or is that not available as it was on Ramsplayer 

Just now, curtains said:

Any idea how much it will be just for Radio commentary on the new set up  or is that not available as it was on Ramsplayer 

The screenshots show radio commentary from Radio Derby so it's happening, no idea on costs.

IMG_0182.JPG

57 minutes ago, K-Ram said:

Does anyone know the specifics of the pricing structure for the streaming service? As a wandering Ram this news puts me in my happy place.

Is a Wandering Ram similar to the Wandering Jew?
Cursed to walk the earth until Derby get promoted to the Premiership.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/04/overseas-fans-can-watch-team-live-every-week-next-season-long/

Apologies for the lazy link but it would seem that it will cost £110 for the tv package for emigres. It remains to be seen if the coverage will be in house or part of a league-wide initiave. How much would UK based Rams be prepared to pay for coverage of every game?

5 minutes ago, Gladys' Handbag said:

Is a Wandering Ram similar to the Wandering Jew?
Cursed to walk the earth until Derby get promoted to the Premiership.

Well until we get our Isreal I guess the beleaguered are doomed to trot the plains.

4 minutes ago, K-Ram said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/04/overseas-fans-can-watch-team-live-every-week-next-season-long/

Apologies for the lazy link but it would seem that it will cost £110 for the tv package for emigres. It remains to be seen if the coverage will be in house or part of a league-wide initiave. How much would UK based Rams be prepared to pay for coverage of every game?

No more than I do now for Ramsplayer as I have a season ticket for home games and I just require RD Commentary for away games when I'm out of the Derby area and interviews and match coverage retrospectively as I get with Ramsplayer which was perfect for me 

The problem I see at the moment is that the live radio commentary coverage appears to be part of the whole subscribe package which is lumped together with access to live game viewing and as uk residents can't actually access this it appears we will pay far more than before but not have access to the platform / service that takes the price up ,,, if I could get live game coverage / viewing in the U.K. I would be very happy to pay the cost but as I can't access it I would hope that there is a package available that only charges for live audio commentary as it would be unfair to pay a subscription just to get the radio com but not be allowed to watch games live but still pay full whack

5 hours ago, David said:

Yeah I mean I saw the ticket office yesterday tweet we've sold 19k season tickets so far, add 2k away fans and you have a healthy Championship attendance. 

The question is how many are hardcore and wouldn't be tempted by a streaming ST instead, do you charge the same as a match ticket? Still works out cheaper than going or would that price people out of it? Not sure. 

Be interesting to see what the prices are this season for outside the U.K.

Surely if it's available to stream you're hitting a much larger target audience. An audience that might not have time or money to go, with kids, breeding a new audience who want to go to the game etc...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2017 at 15:18, K-Ram said:

we are specifically not part of this deal.  Wish we were.  DCFC have no rights to broadcast live in UK

On 04/07/2017 at 14:55, RoyMac5 said:

Might we hear something soon? Was wondering whether there'd be audio coverage of the preseason games. Either on RD or DCFC, any news @OwenB87?

As far as I'm aware, the plan is to do updates on a couple of the Saturday games, but no commentary.

I'm currently on-loan at East Midlands Today, so that plan might have changed.

Archived