Ramsplayer

therealhantsram

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It was terrible that game v Burton. Funny how everyone slates radio derby but then a glimpse of how it could be pits things in perspective.

If they are going that way I very much hope they get that sorted out.

If derby are going to do there own cometary they will have to invest in some expert  commentators. Say what you like about radio derby at least they are passionate about derby County. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 19:27, WestKentRam said:

I subscribe annually to Rams Player to listen to Radio Derby commentary on games I can't get to, as they cut off on internet radio just as the match starts down in these parts 'for licensing reasons'. A bit galling to have to pay extra on top of BBC licence fee but that's another matter.

My subscription lapsed so I went to renew, but now it is only possible to pay monthly. At £4.49 a month (£53.88 a year) I'd rather 'watch' the match on Twitter. It cost me £37.99 for the year from Feb 2016.

Makes me wonder if the club is going to roll out pay per view from next season hence not being able to subscribe annually any more.

May I ask when your subscription renewed? Mine is due toward the end of October each year and, for the last two seasons, I've had difficulties renewing for a year.

Last season, I simply registered a new account and the annual option was available. This season, because of the difficulties last year, I renewed it early and therefore had sufficient time to email the club and they fixed it for me. The option was still available in October in other words but the website seemed to be in a logical loop which meant the option couldn't actually be selected or fulfilled (I can't quite recall what the precise issue was but I know I thought the annual subscription was there but something was stopping me availing of it).

I hope they haven't actually removed the annual subscription option; monthly accounts are a pain in the proverbial.

4 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

May I ask when your subscription renewed? Mine is due toward the end of October each year and, for the last two seasons, I've had difficulties renewing for a year.

Last season, I simply registered a new account and the annual option was available. This season, because of the difficulties last year, I renewed it early and therefore had sufficient time to email the club and they fixed it for me. The option was still available in October in other words but the website seemed to be in a logical loop which meant the option couldn't actually be selected or fulfilled (I can't quite recall what the precise issue was but I know I thought the annual subscription was there but something was stopping me availing of it).

I hope they haven't actually removed the annual subscription option; monthly accounts are a pain in the proverbial.

My subscription was due to renew 11/2/17 but I hadn't set up automatic renewal so it lapsed and then I couldn't find an option to renew annually, only monthly.

There's an EFL Player thread on here where FLRam says:

On 4/5/2017 at 19:42, FLRam said:

I just received an email from EFL player that states

"From next season onwards Derby have informed us they are opting out of the EFL Player HD service therefore will not be part of Player HD."

I hope it will be better than the Burton Commentary otherwise my subscription will be cancelled.

So looks like things are changing. I hope it's a video stream option at not too much price increase.

What's a Sky Sports subscription nowadays? £40 a month? I live abroad and I'd be happy to instead pay half that amount directly to Derby County every month if it meant I get every game streamed to me live.

Get on it Mel, untapped revenue over here!

4 hours ago, Papahet said:

Ditched Ramsplayer, brought me self a DAB radio for the commentary and then just check YouTube for the highlights, interviews etc 

Alas a DAB radio to listen to commentary only works if you live in the Derby area otherwise you can't pick up BBC Radio Derby. On the Radio Derby website the commentary isn't available either.

As a slight aside,I've noticed the highlights are going up the day after the match now whereas,in the past,we've had to wait several days.....

I think that ramsplayer is very good value to be honest...I live out of the county now and dab is often out of range so i benefit from it then (and when on my hols).

I really hope we don't drop the rd commentary either,it's one of the major reasons i use the player.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

As a slight aside,I've noticed the highlights are going up the day after the match now whereas,in the past,we've had to wait several days.....

I think that ramsplayer is very good value to be honest...I live out of the county now and dab is often out of range so i benefit from it then (and when on my hols).

I really hope we don't drop the rd commentary either,it's one of the major reasons i use the player.

If you live in the area of East Midlands today, you can get it through freeview too.

As much as we would all love it we have no chance of live streaming thanks to the regulations that prevent any 15.00 kick off from being broadcast in the UK, not to mention the fact that the likes of Sky would do everything in their power to prevent something like that even getting off the ground.

For what it's worth I think Ramsplayer is an unreliable bit of poo in terms of it's set up but the content is good so people use it. If we can deliver the same content to fans through a platform that isn't hot garbage I will be happy enough.

Why are the media contracts so keen on preventing radio playback? 

Why not just allow BBC commentary to be available?

My guess has been to prevent people watching games streamed overseas from being listened to with a radio commentary in English. Perhaps there's another reason?

Thought that Mel said some time ago that the club will be operating its own website next season, like a number of clubs already do. Presumably he will be able to do a deal with the BBC for their match commentary but clearly he is looking to offer live match coverage (on one platform or another) as well, or if not, full match coverage with a short delay. Hence the questionnaire that the club sent out a few months ago.   

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

As much as we would all love it we have no chance of live streaming thanks to the regulations that prevent any 15.00 kick off from being broadcast in the UK, not to mention the fact that the likes of Sky would do everything in their power to prevent something like that even getting off the ground.

For what it's worth I think Ramsplayer is an unreliable bit of poo in terms of it's set up but the content is good so people use it. If we can deliver the same content to fans through a platform that isn't hot garbage I will be happy enough.

While that's true, i can't believe the law covers broadcasts over the internet, after all it was drawn up long before the internet age.

Maybe it needs a pioneer to drive a coach and horses through the rulebook to show how far behind the law lags real life?

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

unfortunately working shifts means i cant always get to games so its good to have a bit of background dcfc on whilst i go about my tasks #someofusworkweekends

Of course, we all support as much as we can. Don't worry I was only fishing (until @reveldevil pointed out my terrible logic !).

16 hours ago, reveldevil said:

While that's true, i can't believe the law covers broadcasts over the internet, after all it was drawn up long before the internet age.

Maybe it needs a pioneer to drive a coach and horses through the rulebook to show how far behind the law lags real life?

I agree entirely but when the money is coming from the likes of Sky the powers that be in football will basically do whatever they can to protect their interests I think. 

On ‎7‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 17:00, Papahet said:

Ditched Ramsplayer, brought me self a DAB radio for the commentary and then just check YouTube for the highlights, interviews etc 

Huh?

I have a DAB+ radio and an internet radio and cannot (as far as I can tell) can't get broadcasts due to the separation of digital rights.

May I ask which station(s) ypou use to pick them up? (If it is just Radio Derby. it definitely switches to non-football programming the moment games commence internationally.

Archived