Ramsplayer

therealhantsram

5 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Well they always say players become better when they're not playing, once you realise what you're missing. Turns out it works for commentary too

Ed Dawes is the new Razza Camara, found him at the train station in a Virgin train class 390

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rynny said:

It is a one off for tonight as Radio Derby cover both teams. 

Hope so. I emailed PlayerHD tonight and their reply was: 

'Derby have decided to broadcast today's game via in house commentary.

We are unsure as to whether this is a permanent change or just for today's game.'

Kind regards,

Akram
PlayerHD Support

1 minute ago, europia said:

We are unsure as to whether this is a permanent change or just for today's game.'

Kind regards,

Akram
PlayerHD Support

If it is a permanent change, they'll soon be seeing a lot of cancelled subscriptions.... 

5 minutes ago, europia said:

Kind regards,

Akram
PlayerHD Support

Colin Gibson made it sound like a one off.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Didn't think the commentary was too bad at all last night. Enjoyed listening to Marc Edworthy and I always liked Colin Gibson on the radio. Not quite sure why people were so fussed about it?

People don't like change......but then they don't like what they have at the time either. 

Wasn't able to listen last night but judging by the feedback online it wasn't great which probably means it was actually alright. I like Radio Derby though always have, be sad if the club do go down this route of in house commentary online only as the BBC don't have the rights to stream games online, anyone out the area is screwed.

If possible offer a choice, club commentary or RD, view the listeners stats at the end of the season and see what the fans enjoy the most.

Not sure why Mr Gibson comes in for flack on here, he works for the club, he's not going to ask difficult questions to trip up the manager or players, nor would any media team at any other club.

Hi folks,

Just to give everyone that's interested a little bit of detail on this.

The bosses at BBC Radio Derby decided to do a shared commentary on last night's game - Joe Shennan did the first half of each half, Ed Dawes the second.

That's how they decided to do it for the reverse fixture back in August too. 

It's not my place to speak for the club, but Derby decided to put on their own commentary rather than take our shared version.

FWIW I can completely understand the club's position on this.

As far as I'm aware it was a one-off.

If you want to know more, email BBC Radio Derby and/or Derby County.

Cheers,

Owen

19 minutes ago, David said:

People don't like change......but then they don't like what they have at the time either. 

Wasn't able to listen last night but judging by the feedback online it wasn't great which probably means it was actually alright. I like Radio Derby though always have, be sad if the club do go down this route of in house commentary online only as the BBC don't have the rights to stream games online, anyone out the area is screwed.

If possible offer a choice, club commentary or RD, view the listeners stats at the end of the season and see what the fans enjoy the most.

Not sure why Mr Gibson comes in for flack on here, he works for the club, he's not going to ask difficult questions to trip up the manager or players, nor would any media team at any other club.

I listened last night and it was alright, nothing special, but not bad either. Thought both commentators did a good enough job and, if they were just standing in for someone on RD, nobody would have complained.

Would be nice to have a choice, like you say. Always like listening to Micheal Johnson and, as a club ambassador, a Ramsplayer commentary team might get him on the radio more.

Received this update today, good news.

'Thanks for your email.

I can confirm that Derby have stated the Rams Player HD commentary was just for the one match on 21/02/2017. For future games the commentary will be back to the local radio station.

PlayerHD is responsible for transmitting the feed and not acquisition therefore we have no control over the actual content of the audio commentary. There are some clubs who decide to perform their commentary in house with their own commentary team however your club may have decided against this. It is the club's decision to produce their own commentary not Player HD. We simple transmit the feed given to us from each club.'

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Jack
PlayerHD Support

On 22/02/2017 at 06:48, therealhantsram said:

A taste of things to come tonight it would seem. No radio derby team, instead the clubs own propaganda FM. I expect this is what we will get all next season under the new media arrangement.

I was hoping it was the Burton team tbh. They were awful, truly awful.

• 1 month later...

I subscribe annually to Rams Player to listen to Radio Derby commentary on games I can't get to, as they cut off on internet radio just as the match starts down in these parts 'for licensing reasons'. A bit galling to have to pay extra on top of BBC licence fee but that's another matter.

My subscription lapsed so I went to renew, but now it is only possible to pay monthly. At £4.49 a month (£53.88 a year) I'd rather 'watch' the match on Twitter. It cost me £37.99 for the year from Feb 2016.

Makes me wonder if the club is going to roll out pay per view from next season hence not being able to subscribe annually any more.

1 hour ago, WestKentRam said:

I subscribe annually to Rams Player to listen to Radio Derby commentary on games I can't get to, as they cut off on internet radio just as the match starts down in these parts 'for licensing reasons'. A bit galling to have to pay extra on top of BBC licence fee but that's another matter.

My subscription lapsed so I went to renew, but now it is only possible to pay monthly. At £4.49 a month (£53.88 a year) I'd rather 'watch' the match on Twitter. It cost me £37.99 for the year from Feb 2016.

Makes me wonder if the club is going to roll out pay per view from next season hence not being able to subscribe annually any more.

I think you are right. My annual subscription lapsed just before I went on holiday and I could only renew on a monthly basis too. It's frustrating as it is much more expensive this way but hopefully only for a couple of months.

This, plus the fact that recently all the interviews have been made available free on the YouTube channel, indicates a change is imminent.

We would have been more unhappy if we'd renewed for a full year only to be told of a new arrangement a couple of months later!

I noticed a few months ago that a lot more interviews were going on YouTube. Even changed the channel name to rams TV.  I subscribe  to ramsplayer and usually  pay a one off payment. My subscription is up in July. For me it's listing to the games. Living in Barrow  it's a must. If we are going to be paying more for ramsplayer I hope we get an improved version.

1 minute ago, BarrowRam said:

I noticed a few months ago that a lot more interviews were going on YouTube. Even changed the channel name to rams TV.  I subscribe  to ramsplayer and usually  pay a one off payment. My subscription is up in July. For me it's listing to the games. Living in Barrow  it's a must. If we are going to be paying more for ramsplayer I hope we get an improved version.

I wonder whether this is all part of Mels plan to make more money from the media side? I really hope we don't go in-house with the match commentary though. #fgsno

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I wonder whether this is all part of Mels plan to make more money from the media side? I really hope we don't go in-house with the match commentary though. #fgsno

Roymac5 I think it is all part of Mel 's masterplan. He made his fortune from the Internet.  The commentary was a disaster. 

31 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Roymac5 I think it is all part of Mel 's masterplan. He made his fortune from the Internet.  The commentary was a disaster. 

It was terrible that game v Burton. Funny how everyone slates radio derby but then a glimpse of how it could be pits things in perspective.

If they are going that way I very much hope they get that sorted out.

Archived