Pie Eating Betting Scandal.

Coneheadjohn

12 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Cobblers, no fan of the sun..... but the money they have made has set them up no end for the next two to three years..... you telling me as a non league club you'd turn down that kind of money on a plate to you?

Course you won't......

Mock outrage

Hysteria for hysteria sake. 

Id say in @StringerBell words. A touch snowflakey 

That does sound like something I'd say. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I agree & I'm not sure why this is annoying me as much as it is but probably because I hate double standards. Sometimes PC goes too far of course but if that's the way it is, then it should at least be the same for everyone.

I've said before about would they offer odds on a black man eating a banana. How about taking bets on a woman physio applying lippy during the game?. A disabled person dropping their food or a gay man eating a sausage?. Would they be acceptable?. Of course not.

They were talking about it on 5Live yesterday morning and the presenters are usually really ultra politically correct but they were referring to him as the "roly poly goalie", which annoyed me no end.

:lol:

If we can find a way to remove your soul there's a place for you in Paddy Power's marketing department.

8 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I agree & I'm not sure why this is annoying me as much as it is but probably because I hate double standards. Sometimes PC goes too far of course but if that's the way it is, then it should at least be the same for everyone.

I've said before about would they offer odds on a black man eating a banana. How about taking bets on a woman physio applying lippy during the game?. A disabled person dropping their food or a gay man eating a sausage?. Would they be acceptable?. Of course not.

They were talking about it on 5Live yesterday morning and the presenters are usually really ultra politically correct but they were referring to him as the "roly poly goalie", which annoyed me no end.

He obviously wasnt too concerned about what it meant by doing it though?

Its how far you take it I guess, different people will be sensitive in different ways, I guess them singling out a fat guy is no different to when the media refer to someone as 'balding', how much stick has rooney taken over the years?. Its a physical feature which people can make fun of but some things we seem to think are ok and not others. The press will even refer to someone as 'balding' in an article just describing someone when it has no relevance to the story, i dont see how it differs at all.

Archived