Pie Eating Betting Scandal.

Coneheadjohn

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Just shows how daft betting on anything has got. If the bookies are stupid enough to play along with it and offer odds, they deserve to get their fingers burned.

A deliberate no-ball in a one-day international ended up with people being jailed.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He knew exactly what he was doing. He is playing innocent now but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that he sent is brother in law down the bookies and put £250 on it.

You could tell it was pre-arranged by the way those around were looking at him when he was on camera. Hope it doesn't take some of the gloss off Suttons' FA Cup run but if it does then he'll be the one to blame.

Bookies have repeatedly been warned by the gambling commission  about offering novelty bets because they are so easy to fix like this. I hope S*n bets aren't able to recoup a penny because it's their own fault. 

Having said that Shaw knew full well what he was doing. It's sad this is the big story but he had to leave the club. Can't feel too sorry for him seeing as he already left Sutton once after attacking a fan

9 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

You could tell it was pre-arranged by the way those around were looking at him when he was on camera. Hope it doesn't take some of the gloss off Suttons' FA Cup run but if it does then he'll be the one to blame.

**** Sutton.

****** over their proper sponsors so they could have SunBets as their sponsor for the game and have supposedly silenced fans that opposed this.

Linekar moaned about us making eight changes but defended fatty from turning the fifth round into a circus.

20 hours ago, cannable said:

**** Sutton.

****** over their proper sponsors so they could have SunBets as their sponsor for the game and have supposedly silenced fans that opposed this.

Linekar moaned about us making eight changes but defended fatty from turning the fifth round into a circus.

Cobblers, no fan of the sun..... but the money they have made has set them up no end for the next two to three years..... you telling me as a non league club you'd turn down that kind of money on a plate to you?

Course you won't......

Mock outrage

Hysteria for hysteria sake. 

Id say in @StringerBell words. A touch snowflakey 

Let the punishment fit the crime.

Bit of silliness from a non-league nobody grabbing his moment...in the sun (!).

Fine him a few hundred quid and say if it happens again he gets a life ban.

Who is being harmed here..poor ickle bookmakers?

In contrast,  Arsene Wenger man-handles a match official and gets a fine that is a fraction of his wage. Round the country refs are being abused, pushed, hit, threatened to such an extent no-one wants to do the job...I know which is more of an issue!!!!

On 22/02/2017 at 01:13, whiteroseram said:

Bookies have repeatedly been warned by the gambling commission  about offering novelty bets because they are so easy to fix like this. I hope S*n bets aren't able to recoup a penny because it's their own fault. 

Having said that Shaw knew full well what he was doing. It's sad this is the big story but he had to leave the club. Can't feel too sorry for him seeing as he already left Sutton once after attacking a fan

Was that to get his hands on the fan's meat and potato? 

The small amount of money The Sun paid out will be written off as advertising money. The exposure this will have given them will pay off.

Who knew The Sun even took bets before this game? Not me.

Doesn't look good that he's now resigned, if he had heard about the odds online and thought I'll eat a pie to screw the Sun over he would be completely innocent, nothing the FA could do.

Resigning to me looks like some agreement could have been in place and he's quit before the investigation. What can the FA do now......FA.

Not like he was in any shape to play anyway.

Some outlets are running stories as football lost its sense of humour, if innocent of any wrongdoing I would agree. But if there was an agreement in place this is bad for football.

Much worse than Bendtners pants stunt.

8 minutes ago, David said:

The small amount of money The Sun paid out will be written off as advertising money. The exposure this will have given them will pay off.

Who knew The Sun even took bets before this game? Not me.

Doesn't look good that he's now resigned, if he had heard about the odds online and thought I'll eat a pie to screw the Sun over he would be completely innocent, nothing the FA could do.

Resigning to me looks like some agreement could have been in place and he's quit before the investigation. What can the FA do now......FA.

Not like he was in any shape to play anyway.

Some outlets are running stories as football lost its sense of humour, if innocent of any wrongdoing I would agree. But if there was an agreement in place this is bad for football.

Much worse than Bendtners pants stunt.

I agree his resignation now doesn't paint him in the best light, he could argue he's done it to remove the spotlight from the club, but he's got previous disciplinary issues I think I read somewhere?

Is it not poor from by The Sun to run a market on essentially "will the fat fella eat a pie?", there's novelty bets but isn't that singling him out for ridicule. If he's got wind and wanted a bit of payback, fair enough. If he was in on it from the start, then yeah, bad for football. 

3 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Is it not poor from by The Sun to run a market on essentially "will the fat fella eat a pie?", there's novelty bets but isn't that singling him out for ridicule.

I agree & I'm not sure why this is annoying me as much as it is but probably because I hate double standards. Sometimes PC goes too far of course but if that's the way it is, then it should at least be the same for everyone.

I've said before about would they offer odds on a black man eating a banana. How about taking bets on a woman physio applying lippy during the game?. A disabled person dropping their food or a gay man eating a sausage?. Would they be acceptable?. Of course not.

They were talking about it on 5Live yesterday morning and the presenters are usually really ultra politically correct but they were referring to him as the "roly poly goalie", which annoyed me no end.

Isn't the problem offering odds on such ridiculous aspects of a football match?

I even think betting on corners is dodgy because it's easy to fix without prejudicing the result.

Shaw will cry all the way to Gregg's with his new nest egg. 

We will probably then sign him as a replacement for Weale.

Archived