Joey Barton - Poet Laureate or Massive ****end?

Comrade 86

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what wisdom he may impart off the pitch, due to his pathetic antics on it he will always be remembered as a cockwomble of the highest order.

Just when you thought he may have shown a tiny bit of dignity after his embarassing failure in a Scottish league at the level of League Two in England, he had to try and get non-league players sent off with his petulant cheating against Lincoln City.

The bloke is an absolutely tw@t.

Barton doesn't impart any wisdom. Quoting people more intelligent and erudite than yourself simply to bask in their reflected glow is the kind of behaviour that, at Barton's age, should wake you up in a cold sweat at 4AM when your sub-conscience chooses to remind you of the time you vomited out fallacious Chomsky treatises in the sixth form common room.

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

Barton doesn't impart any wisdom. Quoting people more intelligent and erudite than yourself simply to bask in their reflected glow is the kind of behaviour that, at Barton's age, should wake you up in a cold sweat at 4AM when your sub-conscience chooses to remind you of the time you vomited out fallacious Chomsky treatises in the sixth form common room.

Sixth form common room? Gordon Bennett, with the Waitrose, & M&S stuff on the other thread i really feel out of my social class on this forum.

49 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

My lawyer says that I shouldn't tell you what I think about Barton as a person...

Let's just say I despise them who wanted him to Derby shirt.

Some still do....(not me, I hasten to add - he's a bellend of the highest order)

9 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

He can quote whomever or whatever he wants, he is just an arrogant, smug dbag imo who has never been that great of a player anyway.

Given his upbringing, his childhood, and his mental issues at times, he has had an incredible football career, and continues to do so. 

1 hour ago, Grantona said:

Still Burnley's best player in most matches at a HIGHER level than Derby.

How many of Burnleys' full matches have you seen?

I wasn't particularly happy having Savage playing for us but that was based mostly on his footballing talent (or lack of) but I would hate it if Barton was at my club. One or two of his misdemeanours you can possibly accept providing he showed some remorse - we all deserve a 2nd (or even 3rd) chance to turn things around but the guy's a catalogue of thuggish behaviour. Excuses are made for him based on his childhood, upbringing etc etc but that's doing a huge disservice to the thousands in similar circumstances who have faced personal challenges but not resorted to the acts of violence he has been guilty of.

I'm totally not interested in whether he's a good player or not. If you want him at Derby because it improves our chances of promotion - fine, but I would rather we stay where we are without him.

13 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Sixth form common room? Gordon Bennett, with the Waitrose, & M&S stuff on the other thread i really feel out of my social class on this forum.

No such thing as social class mate, I can simultaneously expound on the works of Cicero whilst scratching my a**e and regard myself as a normal kind of guy:lol:

20 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

How many of Burnleys' full matches have you seen?

I wasn't particularly happy having Savage playing for us but that was based mostly on his footballing talent (or lack of) but I would hate it if Barton was at my club. One or two of his misdemeanours you can possibly accept providing he showed some remorse - we all deserve a 2nd (or even 3rd) chance to turn things around but the guy's a catalogue of thuggish behaviour. Excuses are made for him based on his childhood, upbringing etc etc but that's doing a huge disservice to the thousands in similar circumstances who have faced personal challenges but not resorted to the acts of violence he has been guilty of.

I'm totally not interested in whether he's a good player or not. If you want him at Derby because it improves our chances of promotion - fine, but I would rather we stay where we are without him.

He is a Burnley fan mate

Archived