dcfcfans first X1

hintonsboots

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21 years playing in the Uttoxeter & District Sunday League as a box to box midfielder and a season in the Burton Premier League on Saturday. The saturday league had to go due to the Popside being a far more important place to be.

Have played on Oldham Athletic's ground when they had a plastic pitch, Notts County and Walsall's Bescott Stadium

Could still manage 1/2 hour or so but would be crippled for two days after.

On 02/18/2017 at 10:44, archram said:

Too old for this playing lark, but I'm willing to sit at the side of the pitch with my flask and my blanket and moan a lot!

That's what I imagined curtains' management style to be like. Maybe if he has a few bad results you're a ready made replacement.

1 minute ago, RodleyRam said:

That's what I imagined curtains' management style to be like. Maybe if he has a few bad results you're a ready made replacement.

Straight away after game one sack Curtains and appoint Archram. Sorted. 

3 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Straight away after game one sack Curtains and appoint Archram. Sorted. 

Now, now. I think we should criticise him first, then get behind him when the team get a few fluky results and then tear him to shreds the minute they lose. Seems like a fair trial.

I once played in my nephews school tournament in a sort of Dads / Veterans team. 

After game one, - we lost 3-1 to a team with considerably more youth and vigour - we were all looking at each other and thinking. "great fun, we didn't get completely thrashed" ... overheard one of the teenage opposition talking to a mate ..

"Who are they Charlie"

answer

"just some old blokes who think they're good ... they aint"  

Archived