Blackburn

Sith Happens

Blackburn could well go down, but i heard on the radio today that when the current owners purchased the club when in the PL that they had a belief that there was no relegation from the PL.

I have never heard this, is there any truth in this?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Read something a few years ago that it had been discussed by foreign owners that there should be no relegation to "encourage investment".

Not sure if it was Blackburn's owners though.

Wasn't that the Bolton owner at the time?

Even if there was no relegation. We'd some how still get relegated. It's the Derby Way.

Suprised Hammer House of Horror didn't want to make a movie on our last season in the Premiership.

Anyway I hope SM stays for a long time, this Championship place is the place to stay, it's great, like a proper cozy hotel, where you feel safe and comfortable, knowing that nobody is going to steal your best pair of kegs or clean the lavvy with your toothbrush!

"She'll be wearing silk pyjamas when she comes, wearing silk pyjamas when she comes".......sing up!

Instead of a brolly, do you think SM should go for the full on yellow Mac and yellow hat hitchhiker look?

I always remember reading about relegation in brazil, something to do with one of the big teams facing relegation from the top flight so they had a rule introduced which said any club which had won the title could not be relegated.

32 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It was Phil Gartside that wanted it scrapped I believe. The discussion will keep coming up given the money that is in play as well. It is so fundamental to the structure of English football I don't see how it can ever be scrapped.

I wonder, if he was still alive, if he would still believe in no promotions in Bolton's current position, silly man.

47 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I always remember reading about relegation in brazil, something to do with one of the big teams facing relegation from the top flight so they had a rule introduced which said any club which had won the title could not be relegated.

Bet Leicester would like to petition for that one now. 

54 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It was Phil Gartside that wanted it scrapped I believe. The discussion will keep coming up given the money that is in play as well. It is so fundamental to the structure of English football I don't see how it can ever be scrapped.

And the obvious answer is, that if you don't like the level of risk, don't put so much money into it.

I'd rather see a lot less money in the game than less financial risk. Even if all the money went, the amount of people who were very good at it wouldn't deminish!

Archived