Didn't want McClaren back and still don't want him

Curtains

I agree with the original post. Didnt want him either time. We should have stuck with Clement. A better option at the time of the Mclaren appointment would have been Rowett.

Mclaren is a 1 trick pony, and he has been found out.

If indeed a clearout is on the cards in the summer, the manager should be a part of that.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Obviously didn't read what I said. We got there on our best tip top form. We were always going to come back out when form dipped. We started a humongous number of points behind. We made the difference up with several wins on the trot but that couldn't last. It never does. If you expected to get in there and stay in there every week consistently when we still had a bad spell like this on the horizon, you've obviously never watched football before. 

OK I never watched a game before is that the best u can do.

U come on here say it how it is. I never once said Mac should get the sack but Jan transfer window was important to get it right to move forward to reach the playoffs. then u get set on like a pack of wolves sorry rams and say I never watched football before OK I will get off forum and star crying with?

I have no problem backing the manager for at least two full seasons.

the Clement/ Pearson eras left us with several highly paid long contracted ( some non selected players) these will be very difficult to move on and we are strapped with them unless we get very lucky, or are hit massively.

it will take probably two full seasons to re shape our team

basis of our side next season as it stands 

Carson Mitchell Keogh Forsyth Lowe Christie Olson Hughes Thorne nugent Martin and Ince  - the rest may well be still here or they may not be, would we improve who knows but we can hope so.

hopfully one or two of the relagated clubs with prem money will want some of our non performers.

I am not a mac fan- I was happy we when we got rid and I was disappointed to see him come back.

But we can't get rid again. A new manager would want his own players and system and we already have spent millions who don't fit into our plans. What would we do if the new manager wanted Martin gone like that last one did? We just gave him a big contract. Our record signing doesn't even make the bench because he isn't a fit for Macs Derby County.

It really is time to stabilise and that means keeping the mac. His win percentage is very good and i'm hopeful he can get us over that line. The players respect him and he knows them well. He really wouldn't of been my choice but it makes no sense to change now. So I am going to surprise myself here and back him!

Whatever you do though don't ask me within 4 hours of a bad result :lol:

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

It really is time to stabilise and that means keeping the mac. His win percentage is very good and i'm hopeful he can get us over that line.

Is winning important then? FFS the idea that Mac would get the sack because he's not gonna get us promoted, you know the fans can feel in their water or their bunion is aching, is utter rubbish. He's hardly been given chance to change this shower of crap he's inherited, and this season isn't even over. Gah!

The chap in front of me at The SOL on Saturday said Derby are 3 down. I told him and the others around that Derby is the only place in Britain where fans believe McClaren is a half decent manager. I couldn't believe how fondly remembered he was by so many of you before his reappointment. I've backed you three seasons running and it looks like it's three seasons running I've lost.

To have a team top at Christmas and so mismanage them that you blow a place in the play-offs on the final day at home was a monumental failure. To want the manager who oversaw that disaster to return remains inexplicable to me. I hope he proves me wrong and clinches a play-off place in the 46th match, following it with promotion at Wembley; but I don't hold out much hope. I really don't see The Rams back in the top flight while he's in charge.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is winning important then? FFS the idea that Mac would get the sack because he's not gonna get us promoted, you know the fans can feel in their water or their bunion is aching, is utter rubbish. He's hardly been given chance to change this shower of crap he's inherited, and this season isn't even over. Gah!

Did well at Newcastle 

Curtains is over the top but I can't deny that I am starting to have doubts about McClaren, having just seen us concede 7 goals in 2 matches and our form has been patchy for some weeks. All teams suffer dips in form  but the sudden  extent of the defensive decline is alarming. The manager might well turn it round but we have been here before and, if I'm not mistaken , he has never got a team promoted.I want to be proved wrong but has he got the tactical acumen and strength of personality to get us in the play off?

Just now, Arsene Titman said:

Curtains is over the top but I can't deny that I am starting to have doubts about McClaren, having just seen us concede 7 goals in 2 matches and our form has been patchy for some weeks. All teams suffer dips in form  but the sudden  extent of the defensive decline is alarming. The manager might well turn it round but we have been here before and, if I'm not mistaken , he has never got a team promoted.I want to be proved wrong but has he got the tactical acumen and strength of personality to get us in the play off?

Are you surprised with this mess of a squad? The surprise should be how well he has done!

8 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

The chap in front of me at The SOL on Saturday said Derby are 3 down. I told him and the others around that Derby is the only place in Britain where fans believe McClaren is a half decent manager. I couldn't believe how fondly remembered he was by so many of you before his reappointment. I've backed you three seasons running and it looks like it's three seasons running I've lost.

To have a team top at Christmas and so mismanage them that you blow a place in the play-offs on the final day at home was a monumental failure. To want the manager who oversaw that disaster to return remains inexplicable to me. I hope he proves me wrong and clinches a play-off place in the 46th match, following it with promotion at Wembley; but I don't hold out much hope. I really don't see The Rams back in the top flight while he's in charge.

Thank you, my personal belief was that we have had a sequence of events at precisely the wrong times to impact to the maximum degree so from the outside I understand the viewpoint from outside the club that we flop on a massive degree consistently.

also we are Derby county and we always keep it interesting none of that boring stuff that other clubs seek to endure.

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Yes because I have to appease you lot. 

He fooled me for a while again as he does time and time again 

I'm not going to waste my time with the rest of the thread because this sums you're argument pretty fairly.

You've just come out with the above BS statement because, like most fickle football fans, you were happy enough when we were winning 7 on the spin.  But as soon as we get a couple of iffy results in a row, the inner troll that's been fighting tooth & nail to assert itself on the forum, has burst out all guns blazing to tell everybody within screenshot, that you were right all along and that stats don't mean a thing, and that we all should've listened to you.  You're not special, your opinion isn't unique, you're not a beautiful, one off ickle snowflake.  You're just a fickle sports fan, happy when things are going right & p1ssed off and annoyed when things aren't.  The difference is, you choose to wallow in the crap times because you feel more empowered when you moan, as apposed to when you praise.  I'm no happy clapper, I get hacked off by crap results & crap performances the same as you.  I just choose not define my view of the club, and the season as a whole.

3 ins on the spin, or when we'e 5th, you'll stop straining at the leash again and posting that you were wrong about Schteve, again...

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

I'm not going to waste my time with the rest of the thread because this sums you're argument pretty fairly.

You've just come out with the above BS statement because, like most fickle football fans, you were happy enough when we were winning 7 on the spin.  But as soon as we get a couple of iffy results in a row, the inner troll that's been fighting tooth & nail to assert itself on the forum, has burst out all guns blazing to tell everybody within screenshot, that you were right all along and that stats don't mean a thing, and that we all should've listened to you.  You're not special, your opinion isn't unique, you're not a beautiful, one off ickle snowflake.  You're just a fickle sports fan, happy when things are going right & p1ssed off and annoyed when things aren't.  The difference is, you choose to wallow in the crap times because you feel more empowered when you moan, as apposed to when you praise.  I'm no happy clapper, I get hacked off by crap results & crap performances the same as you.  I just choose not define my view of the club, and the season as a whole.

3 ins on the spin, or when we'e 5th, you'll stop straining at the leash again and posting that you were wrong about Schteve, again...

Or not 

Archived