Didn't want McClaren back and still don't want him

Curtains

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

Right so he won't play Shackell for some reason. . He panics when we are losing re Johnson who had been playing in the winning run throwing his shirt down .  What's that all about. He hasn't been seen since and you have De sart making 50 yard passes into touch. 

We all have our favourites, if I am to be critical of team selections it's when I believe a player is being left out that would have made a difference, for me Shackell or Pearce, tomato tomato, remember when McClaren dropped Pearce for WBA was it in the cup and kept his place against Leeds? the internet melted down. 

Johnson, you say he played in the winning run but not happy Shackell isn't playing over Pearce, Pearce was also instrumental in the winning run at the back.

Has Johnson been dropped for the shirt incident? I don't know, maybe the Cardiff game was and perhaps McClaren thought De Sart deserved did enough to keep his place, haven't seen the game so can't really comment on that. Scored a goal though and picked up man of the match against Burton the next game (didn't sound like he deserved it mind you)

Thing is as well you created this topic the night after the Cardiff defeat, by then Johnson had only been dropped for one game and you had already decided McClaren was useless.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Its just what Ninos is waiting for.

Lord help us. Even prayer won't help us if this is the glum scenario next year. If martin comes back mcclaren remains and he attempts to rebuild that 4-3-3 team of old we will be strong relegation candidates and that's where I'll put my betting money.

Just because Clement and Pearson failed it doesn't mean we throw up our hands and give up. You simply can't succeed in life by going backwards. The genius of humanity is in its ability to adapt and to create new things and new paradigms. It's no different with football and DCFC.

mel needs a new vision with a new visionary at the footballing helm, not mr has been. 

10 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Just because Clement and Pearson failed it doesn't mean we throw up our hands and give up. You simply can't succeed in life by going backwards. The genius of humanity is in its ability to adapt and to create new things and new paradigms. It's no different with football and DCFC.

mel needs a new vision with a new visionary at the footballing helm, not mr has been. 

Going backwards? That makes no sense whatsoever. Surely 4-4-2 would be going backwards?

Your hatred for one of the divisions best strikers never fails to amuse. If he's so crap why did Fulham want him and refused to send him back even though they knew he wouldn't be at 100% for them!

27 minutes ago, David said:

We all have our favourites, if I am to be critical of team selections it's when I believe a player is being left out that would have made a difference, for me Shackell or Pearce, tomato tomato, remember when McClaren dropped Pearce for WBA was it in the cup and kept his place against Leeds? the internet melted down. 

Johnson, you say he played in the winning run but not happy Shackell isn't playing over Pearce, Pearce was also instrumental in the winning run at the back.

Has Johnson been dropped for the shirt incident? I don't know, maybe the Cardiff game was and perhaps McClaren thought De Sart deserved did enough to keep his place, haven't seen the game so can't really comment on that. Scored a goal though and picked up man of the match against Burton the next game (didn't sound like he deserved it mind you)

Thing is as well you created this topic the night after the Cardiff defeat, by then Johnson had only been dropped for one game and you had already decided McClaren was useless.

Ok that useless comment was very harsh to say the least. 

I am starting to get worn out with this debate and as I say Mel and Sam believe in McClaren so ultimately I'll go with them. 

Starting to feel like I am the only one who is really criticising McClaren to be honest so I need to shut up.  

For every argument there is a counter argument.

Football managers get paid shed loads of money for what they do so criticism goes with the territory.

Maybe McClaren will bring success to Derby and I will be proved totally wrong on him. 

Football forums are for debating and I have found out since I started these McClaren threads that McClaren is very popular at Derby and particularly on this forum  .

What can i say other than these McClaren threads won't seem to die and go away just like the Chris Martin thread wouldn't  

Opinions  are opinions just that right or wrong  

McClaren seems a very decent guy and maybe should be praised all the time but Football management is about opinions and some people's opinions can sometimes be negative including mine  

What will be will be and if McClaren is a success at Derby I will be well happy as will all Derby fans I'm sure  

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

What will be will be and if McClaren is a success at Derby I will be well happy as will all Derby fans I'm sure  

Maybe if you tried being positive about Mac's abilities and his positive nature then you might enjoy the success more?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe if you tried being positive about Mac's abilities and his positive nature then you might enjoy the success more?

I think you are right .

Just seen him in the local having a meal 

He seemed  happy enough  

PS The Newcastle thing soured things for me but I need to get over it. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I think you are right .

Just seen him in the local having a meal . 

He seemed  happy enough  

PS The Newcastle thing soured things for me but I need to get over it. 

I liked the bit Benty said about him mostly being a positive person, except when he lost it at half-time during the Bristol game. :D It sounds trite but life is generally more enjoyable if you look for the positives and for ways to achieve positive results.

We all make mistakes and Mac said he didn't deal with the Newcastle thing right, gotta give everyone another chance (even Vydra!).

Archived