Didn't want McClaren back and still don't want him

Curtains

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why rise to this ? @curtains just seems to be attention seeking and everyone's bit . First defeat at home since September and we're in meltdown. Minor tweaks need making that's it.

I sometimes wonder if Curtains is employed by the club. Posting reactionary opinions backed with obviously fallacious arguments is a great way to encourage support and more rational thinking from the rest of the forum.

Just now, mrdave85 said:

You honestly thought the play offs was a reasonable target from where we were when he took over? 

We got there didn't we for a week u got to make the right signing in Jan and we failed move on next season theres hope.

Just now, Anon said:

I sometimes wonder if Curtains is employed by the club. Posting reactionary opinions backed with obviously fallacious arguments is a great way to encourage support and more rational thinking from the rest of the forum.

They also go back and edit a fair few posts... #fakenews

Just now, Dcfc10 said:

We got there didn't we for a week u got to make the right signing in Jan and we failed move on next season theres hope.

The season doesn't end in January does it?

Getting there and staying there are two different tasks, other posters have done the maths, we needed a promotion winning form to realistically challenge this season. The stars could align and we could still sneak in, but I agree, we need to look at next season realistically. I imagine McClaren was told to clear us away from the relegation places Pearson had guided us into, he has succeeded there. 

46 minutes ago, Dcfc10 said:

Didn't we get in there for a week not a miracle was it.

Obviously didn't read what I said. We got there on our best tip top form. We were always going to come back out when form dipped. We started a humongous number of points behind. We made the difference up with several wins on the trot but that couldn't last. It never does. If you expected to get in there and stay in there every week consistently when we still had a bad spell like this on the horizon, you've obviously never watched football before. 

Archived