Big Overhaul - New Squad - Who?

mrdave85

I don't like to make suggestions.

I prefer to wait until a player has a good game against us or scores a goal and then say 'we should have signed him, our recruitment is rubbish'.

I bet there are a few out there angry that Villa have not won or Hourihane scored for them yet...

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Who do you suggest ?

No idea mate. What's Eustace doing these days? Three or four DM/CM types would be hard to recruit in one window but in reality I can't see that happening as I doubt more than two (max) of our current DM/CM's will depart anyway.

I think we will be in the market for free transfers or low cost steals to be honest and the only way I think we will be able to manage our FFP is if we sell one of our perceived major assets which would be Hughes or Ince or maybe we would get a decent offer for Lowe, Hughes has done very little so far this season to merit a sale worthwhile so Ince would be the one most likely - interesting summer coming up.

Next years team:

Carson

Christie   Keogh   Shackell   Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes   Johnson

Ince   Martin   Russell

The only positions I think we need to try and strengthen in are (first team only) CM - Johnson and LW - Russell.

2 hours ago, whitefieldram said:

Need much added grit as a matter of urgency in the summer.

Please for the love of god employ a no-frills CM (possibly 30 yrs old plus) who will bark orders and kick people now and again!

See: Sidwell, Leadbetter, Barton, Shelvey et al 

What we've needed since Eustace left the club, if Boro stay up Leadbitter himself may be a possibility.

19 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

Next years team:

Carson

Christie   Keogh   Shackell   Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes   Johnson

Ince   Martin   Russell

The only positions I think we need to try and strengthen in are (first team only) CM - Johnson and LW - Russell.

I like that other than I want to see how Russell works out with Martin again before we consider other options.

I can't believe people seriously suggest selling Hughes and Thorne.

Hughes is the best player by miles at this club. When he doesn't play, we can't get the ball past midfield and so many goals start with his pass or dribbling creating an opportunity for someone else to assist. 

Thorne is so dominant in midfield. People are forgetting this latest injury is nothing to do with his knee or past problems. This was a one off poor tackle. We are so much more defensively sound with Thorne.

What this team is crying out for is to sell a few fringe players. Keep all our stars (Hughes, Thorne, Martin, Ince) and add some leaders/quality.

I would suggest we need an organisational centre half, someone to command the back line and midfield in front. We need a gritty midfielder who still has some quality and a goal scoring midfielder (the Bryson of the Wembley season). Our front line is good with the return of Martin. We could possibly add another cracking winger to play on the left. But the other 3 are the most important.

With those 4 sorts of players signed, we have everything we need to be a promotion team. We currently have all the class but we need to get better at the dirty side of the game, which has ultimately got teams like Boro, Burnley and Leicester up. 

NO OVERHALL. 

2 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

I can't believe people seriously suggest selling Hughes and Thorne.

Hughes is the best player by miles at this club. When he doesn't play, we can't get the ball past midfield and so many goals start with his pass or dribbling creating an opportunity for someone else to assist. 

Thorne is so dominant in midfield. People are forgetting this latest injury is nothing to do with his knee or past problems. This was a one off poor tackle. We are so much more defensively sound with Thorne.

What this team is crying out for is to sell a few fringe players. Keep all our stars (Hughes, Thorne, Martin, Ince) and add some leaders/quality.

I would suggest we need an organisational centre half, someone to command the back line and midfield in front. We need a gritty midfielder who still has some quality and a goal scoring midfielder (the Bryson of the Wembley season). Our front line is good with the return of Martin. We could possibly add another cracking winger to play on the left. But the other 3 are the most important.

With those 4 sorts of players signed, we have everything we need to be a promotion team. We currently have all the class but we need to get better at the dirty side of the game, which has ultimately got teams like Boro, Burnley and Leicester up. 

NO OVERHALL. 

Do we have anyone called Thorne? It doesn't ring any bells.:ph34r:

No overhaul required. Would perhaps like to see a new RB, but can still see us doing well with what we have. Also bring in John Eustace to replace Thorne.

10 hours ago, JaguarRam said:

In 21 games until the end of January we lost 3... 

Thats 3 too many. Your standards are too low Jaguar - its either all wins or the team must commit Seppuku. I can't believe you would suggest that we be happy with losing even a single game.

We need to sell anyone who doesn't want to play for Derby and I mean play, shedding blood, sweat and tears for the privilege of putting on the shirt.  Not just "play" because we offer some of the best contracts in this division. We need to engender a real team spirit. It's not always the best players you need to win games although it helps greatly but it's the most committed. In general the players looked disappointed when that penalty was given last night, but I want devastated. I'm not sure they all were. 

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

No overhaul required. Would perhaps like to see a new RB, but can still see us doing well with what we have. Also bring in John Eustace to replace Thorne.

Thats 3 too many. Your standards are too low Jaguar - its either all wins or the team must commit Seppuku. I can't believe you would suggest that we be happy with losing even a single game.

Commit seppuku. Having heard Keogh's interviews, I'm not sure he's up for complex, word based conundrums 

8 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Keep - Carson Ince and hughes

everyone else has price and can be improved upon

Everyone bar no one has a price... If we were offered £15 m to £20 m for either hughes or ince I would probably take it... But I hope we spent it more wisely than we did the Hendrick money. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Everyone bar no one has a price... If we were offered £15 m to £20 m for either hughes or ince I would probably take it... But I hope we spent it more wisely than we did the Hendrick money. 

I don't disagree but we would have to pay out more to improve on these three and these three should be playing every game no question. All the others re replaceable, mostly from within the squad as none are nailed on first teamers

Complete overhaul of the entire squad

This is what we need

Carson

Keogh      Keogh      Keogh         Keogh

Bucko        Bucko

Keogh           Keogh            Keogh

Bucko

Subs: Bucko, Bucko, Bucko, Bucko, Bucko, Bucko    (for when one of the other Bucko's get a yellow card)

Promotion worthy??

Archived