Season over

Sexydadbod

19 minutes ago, archied said:

Honestly I'm not having a pop but to be fair if I look at it from the perspective your putting across wouldn't it be better if we went down a division more then tonked  everybody every week?

Absolutely mate, not taking it as that, just discussing it with you. I see the logic in your point, however at the same time, Derby comfortably beating people in the Championship isn't too unrealistic, but in the Premier League it's unlikely. So, I don't think League 1 would be better, since I think we can tonk people quite regularly in the Championship e.g. 2013/14

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know we have had different team/manager and owners for the years of failure.

The team you called bottle jobs in 2014 is different to the one now. The managers that bottled it last season is different to now. 

#crywhinebitch# Need to start all again#crywhinebitch

We have started again. And again. Then gone back to the start again

If I draw a list of Derby teams, managers, owners and formations that have "failed" in the last 20 years how long would the list be?

Get a grip, man. Talk about the football, who's good, who's bad but give it a rest with the "let's start again" whinging. 

I bet we've gone through over 100 players in the last 10 years!! 

If your kid loses at his football do you tell him to quit and take up tennis. 

Kinell, it's like my youngest daughter when she can't build blocks high enough. Start chucking them around. Cool, now when you've picked them all up you're obviously going to try again. Off you go

5 hours ago, europia said:

Yep, Chris Evans can get cracking & start unearthing a few gems in plenty of time for pre season. Then again....

The chief scout who spends every matchday watching Derby?

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 21:59, Doodle said:

Some people think the seasons over......... it is now 

The season is over in the first weekend in May unless you make the play offs, then it could stretch to May 29th. If it is mathematical possible to make the play offs still then we don't give up hope. I will admit our chances are SLIM, but there is always a team that as a late run and also a team that falls away (aka Rams 2 seasons ago). Looking for a team to fall away and looking at the remaining fixtures, I think it could be Reading. Why ? well they still have Brighton, Preston, Sheffield Wed and Norwich to play away from home. Newcastle and Leeds at home, that's nearly half their fixtures left against teams in the top 10 places. Then take into account any teams close to relegation to play also become harder to beat at this stage of the season. Ask me who could put a run together to gate crash the play off party. It could only be either Fulham, Norwich or us.

Fulham; being the closest to the top 6 have Newcastle, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wed, Norwich and Derby to play away. Plus Preston and Leeds at home to play from the top half of the table.

Norwich; have Sheffield Wed, Huddersfield, Preston and Leeds away, plus Barnsley, Reading, Fulham and Brighton to play at home out of the top half of the table.

The Rams; have Brighton and Sheffield Wed away plus Barnsley, Preston, Fulham and Huddersfield to play at home.

I do believe could be the team to overall, with their hard run in. Norwich and Fulham would have to be on top of their games against 8 and 7 top games respectively that they have to play. Derby on the other hand have only 6 top teams left to play, 4 of them at home and 3 of them are not good travellers this season. We have a game more to play than Reading so if we won it we need to make up 8 points on them. Every one is stating that you would need about 76 points or more to get a top 6 slot. Which means we need around 27 to 30 points. I think all our remaining home games are winnable and with only 6 to play(we done it before) that would give us 18pts. Lets say we lose one or draw one of our home games, then we would be looking to pick up around 15pts away from home. Lets right off the Brighton and Sheffield Wed games. Can we get enough out of Villa, Blackburn, Forest, Birmingham, Brentford and Rotherham. We could afford to lose one of them or draw 2. 

IS OUR SEASON OVER, not until I know it is mathematically impossible. COYR 

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It is now

It was as soon as we didn't fix the problems in our team in the January window. There were obvious problems we were papering over during our winning run, and these have now come to the forefront, and unsurprisingly we've gone on a bad run. We're only going to go up if we accept that it isn't 2014 anymore, so we need to stop pretending like it is and move away from our past. We need to accept that some of our long standing players aren't good enough to see us up, and changes need to be made to our playing staff and tactics in the summer. It's not time for Pearson esque revolution, but evolution needs to happen in this team or we will remain stagnant

23 hours ago, plymouthram said:

The season is over in the first weekend in May unless you make the play offs, then it could stretch to May 29th. If it is mathematical possible to make the play offs still then we don't give up hope. I will admit our chances are SLIM, but there is always a team that as a late run and also a team that falls away (aka Rams 2 seasons ago). Looking for a team to fall away and looking at the remaining fixtures, I think it could be Reading. Why ? well they still have Brighton, Preston, Sheffield Wed and Norwich to play away from home. Newcastle and Leeds at home, that's nearly half their fixtures left against teams in the top 10 places. Then take into account any teams close to relegation to play also become harder to beat at this stage of the season. Ask me who could put a run together to gate crash the play off party. It could only be either Fulham, Norwich or us.

Fulham; being the closest to the top 6 have Newcastle, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wed, Norwich and Derby to play away. Plus Preston and Leeds at home to play from the top half of the table.

Norwich; have Sheffield Wed, Huddersfield, Preston and Leeds away, plus Barnsley, Reading, Fulham and Brighton to play at home out of the top half of the table.

The Rams; have Brighton and Sheffield Wed away plus Barnsley, Preston, Fulham and Huddersfield to play at home.

I do believe could be the team to overall, with their hard run in. Norwich and Fulham would have to be on top of their games against 8 and 7 top games respectively that they have to play. Derby on the other hand have only 6 top teams left to play, 4 of them at home and 3 of them are not good travellers this season. We have a game more to play than Reading so if we won it we need to make up 8 points on them. Every one is stating that you would need about 76 points or more to get a top 6 slot. Which means we need around 27 to 30 points. I think all our remaining home games are winnable and with only 6 to play(we done it before) that would give us 18pts. Lets say we lose one or draw one of our home games, then we would be looking to pick up around 15pts away from home. Lets right off the Brighton and Sheffield Wed games. Can we get enough out of Villa, Blackburn, Forest, Birmingham, Brentford and Rotherham. We could afford to lose one of them or draw 2. 

IS OUR SEASON OVER, not until I know it is mathematically impossible. COYR 

It's over fella. Just enjoy the games, have a few beers and wait till we rip em a new one next season. Or not 

Archived