The Relegated 3

Day

6 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Boro give hope to clubs like ours . And the many others like us.

God i hope not! I'm 100% with Mostyn here - as far as Sunderland & Middlesbrough anyway. Awful football clubs playing awful football who don't deserve their Premier league status. I'd rather Derby stay where we are than become that.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boro and Sunderland plus one other, don't really care who. I would prefer Swansea to stay up because I want Clement to do well. Hull, Palace, Burnley, not really fussed if any of those do or don't come down.

Sunderland deserve to go down and I think their fans would actually welcome getting out of a league where they aim to finish 17th each year with a squad which is, barring one or two, a crock of ****. Boro are tedious. No neutral could enjoy watching them or enjoy anything about their team. They've also been effing frustrating when it comes to us playing them. Would be nice for them to be back down here and retake their place in the bottom half of the Championship.

The Premier League is getting to the stage now where Saturday 3pm kickoff fixtures are generally dogrubbish. So many non-entertaining teams up there just aiming to finish 17th.

Derby would probably be the same and I understand that.

But who honestly wants to watch Watford vs Sunderland? Or Boro vs Swansea? Or Burnley vs Crystal Palace? Or Hull vs West Brom? Or West Ham vs Stoke?

Leicester and Bournemouth are midly entertaining as their games tend to feature goals via attacking play.

Literally is a top seven league and the other 13 clubs are all ticking bombs, just waiting to go down.

On 3/19/2017 at 05:18, Bris Vegas said:

I think Burnley's draws at Hull and Sunderland have almost done enough for them. They've still got to play Boro, Palace and Bournemouth away which could prove interesting, but games are starting to run out.

Hull's next four home games are West Ham, Boro, Watford and Sunderland. They still have a chance if they can pick up at least three wins from those. 

Swansea vs Boro next weekend is massive. If Swansea lose, you could see them faltering again.

You'd have to say Sunderland are almost certainties to go down. Boro look likely too, while Hull have a fighting chance if Swansea or Burnley go on a big losing run.

Leicester, Bournemouth, Watford and Palace have enough about them to stay up.

From your posts on this thread and the promotion race last season, it seems you WILL be very disappointed IF Burnley stay up this season.

On 3/19/2017 at 13:34, Mostyn6 said:

Sunderland have been stinking up the PL for a few years now and I wouldn't mind them being relegated. I like Hull's new manager, so I have mixed feelings about whether I want them to succeed or not. I wanted Swansea to come down simply for the way they have treated Laudrup, Monk and Guidolin in recent years, But now Clement is there, not sure I want them down.

Middlesbrough have been a stain on the toilet porcelain that is the PL this year, and deserve to come down. As for Burnley, I'd like them to come down, Dyche to leave, and them to disappear back into anonymity. 

So for me, Sunderland, Boro and Burnley.

Another bitter, jealous Ram fan.:)

Michael Keane anyone - Shackell's successor at Burnley? Why didn't Derby take a punt on him when they had the chance?

On 3/19/2017 at 15:28, BobbyD said:

Sounds a little harsh 

I would have thought that Burnley (especially) plus Boro give hope to clubs like ours . And the many others like us.

Burnley is a town smaller than Market Harborough, a market town in the county of Leicestershire where I live. Blink whilst you drive through and you miss it. 

Middlesborough is an average-sized town, similar to Derby, blighted by the collapse of heavy industry in the last century.

And yet both of them have built teams that have eased into the Premier.

We never ever looked like getting the better of Burnley or Boro on their way up, time after time . I would have thought that we should look to them for inspiration and learning ? 

Any reasons for your dislike of them ? 

A much more balanced and fair view.

On 3/20/2017 at 00:42, Bris Vegas said:

The Premier League is getting to the stage now where Saturday 3pm kickoff fixtures are generally dogrubbish. So many non-entertaining teams up there just aiming to finish 17th.

Derby would probably be the same and I understand that.

But who honestly wants to watch Watford vs Sunderland? Or Boro vs Swansea? Or Burnley vs Crystal Palace? Or Hull vs West Brom? Or West Ham vs Stoke?

Leicester and Bournemouth are midly entertaining as their games tend to feature goals via attacking play.

Literally is a top seven league and the other 13 clubs are all ticking bombs, just waiting to go down.

I am really looking forward to the Derby v QPR clash and Rams v Rotherham......games to set the pulse racing.

To balance that, I was disappointed to miss the exciting "derby" clashes....Burton 1 Derby 0 and Derby 0 Burton 0.

26 minutes ago, Grantona said:

I am really looking forward to the Derby v QPR clash and Rams v Rotherham......games to set the pulse racing.

To balance that, I was disappointed to miss the exciting "derby" clashes....Burton 1 Derby 0 and Derby 0 Burton 0.

nobody said Derby are more deserving of a place did they? This is about the PL and nothing else. Sadly, Boro, Sunderland and Burnley have been 3 horrible teams to watch. I wouldn't want to see the current Derby team in their place either to be fair!

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, Grantona said:

Another bitter, jealous Ram fan.:)

Michael Keane anyone - Shackell's successor at Burnley? Why didn't Derby take a punt on him when they had the chance?

Keane had surprised me doing well, he looked average at Derby, I must admit I thought at the time the Man Utd youngster tag was the only thing going for him. Shows how much I know.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Keane had surprised me doing well, he looked average at Derby, I must admit I thought at the time the Man Utd youngster tag was the only thing going for him. Shows how much I know.

At the time he looked a class above Keogh on the ball but wasn't as good as either he nor Bucko defensively. 

I'd have signed him and he would have fit but Burnley's been the making of him defensively. 

If Swansea win tomorrow Boro will be 8 points behind with only 9 games left.

And have you seen their run-in? Ouch!

Boro would need at least four wins to stay up, and Burnley(H) and Sunderland (H) aside, I can't see them getting another victory this season.

Im kind of rooting for Hull as an underdog to stay up. But that draw at home to Burnley a couple of weeks ago I think has cost them big time.

Boro's fixtures look quite good tbh, having a chance to take points from clubs around you in Hull, Swansea and Sunderland is exactly what you want but you can't afford to lose any starting today.

Burnley are terrible away from home, Arsenal will have nothing to play for and the title will already be won when they face Man City.

13 minutes ago, David said:

Boro's fixtures look quite good tbh, having a chance to take points from clubs around you in Hull, Swansea and Sunderland is exactly what you want but you can't afford to lose any starting today.

Burnley are terrible away from home, Arsenal will have nothing to play for and the title will already be won when they face Man City.

The title might be won, but the battle for top 4 wont be 

8 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

The title might be won, but the battle for top 4 wont be 

For Arsenal probably will, they have been awful in freefall and with Man City today, West Ham next and Palace in form after, wouldn't be daft to say they could easily drop 9 pts

35 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

87 mins Swansea 1-0 Spurs

90+4 mins Swnasea 1-3 Spurs ouch

Hull win 4-2 v Boro, that means Boro are down IMO.

Swansea got West Ham Saturday, big game.

West Ham will beat them (just) 

Archived