Alcohol, Age, Weight

Day

8 minutes ago, David said:

Definitely, I could sit here all morning and have a copy and paste argument with both sides all day.

I'm sure they will still be arguing with each other still when I'm long gone.

My opinions go on a combination of what I've read and experienced myself. I do believe there's a lot of bad information out there designed to sell those 12 month gym contracts and devices like fitbits.

Bought one myself as motivation to get off my arse a bit more, compete with the missus as it can be easy to spend an entire day on the sofa with the laptop, when I realised it also tracked rapid wrist movements I found a more pleasurable way to clock up the steps than walking.

Tried the gym as well, actually managed to put weight on eating more trying to recover, hard to know how many calories you actually burn in there.

Theres an app called Myfitnesspal, best thing I ever downloaded, learnt so much about the number of calories in food, some were shocking, 300 calories in a can of beans, add in the 120 calorie a slice bread and butter you're looking at almost 700 before you've barely started the day.

Minor adjustments to your meals can easily shed the excess pounds 

Chop up a bit of cheddar for your beans on toast and your at about 1000.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to be buff etc with gym twice a week. Got a missus and it's all gone down to **** now no more gym eat what ever. Luckily I go to work and back cycling which is 40 minutes in total.

I always say to her god we're fat look at us then!? We get motivation for 4-5 days go shopping see the Hot Dog pizza and some other **** on offer put it all back on. FML.

4 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I used to be buff etc with gym twice a week. Got a missus and it's all gone down to **** now no more gym eat what ever. Luckily I go to work and back cycling which is 40 minutes in total.

I always say to her god we're fat look at us then!? We get motivation for 4-5 days go shopping see the Hot Dog pizza and some other **** on offer put it all back on. FML.

I don't want to point the finger of blame but both of my weight gains started in the first year of relationships.

Those date nights don't just hit your wallet

10 minutes ago, David said:

I don't want to point the finger of blame but both of my weight gains started in the first year of relationships.

Those date nights don't just hit your wallet

Tell me about it. Happened with my Ex started getting man boobs! Split up with her got to around 11-12 stone. 5 years ago got in this relationship now hitting 14-15 stone.. I swear women must love bigger blokes.. Yes that must be it! :ph34r:

I've posted about this somewhere else recently; 

I've been doing a variation of Slimming World with the missus (she's doing it properly, syns and all that, I'm less strict), changed from white bread to wholemeal "thins", extra lean meat, no using oil when cooking, cooking from scratch. Best decision I've made when it comes to weight loss. I was never the biggest drinker so cutting down or out was easy for me.

I used to go to the gym a lot a few years ago, split with the girlfriend at the time, lost a few stone, met new (and current) girlfriend, put it all back on and then some. 

At the start of the year I weighed 16st 8lbs, this morning I'm 15st 12lbs. That's just from changing my diet. I'm trying to motivate myself to go to the gym a few times a week, but aside from weight-lifting (which motivated me because I could see myself getting stronger over time), cardio is honest to god the most boring thing in the world. I don't "get" running, it's boring. Always has been. I've had mates say "oh put your music on and just run, best thing ever" - nope, boring. 

I used to fit as the proverbial butchers dog in the forces. Smashed my knee to bits and I have been lazy ever since if I am honest with myself.

Off to Mexico with the missus in June and determined not to look like an absolute muffin when I get there. Dieting is the hard part for me, it's alright in the army as you are doing so much physical activity you can mostly get away with it. Now I am sat behind a desk turning myself in to a bean bag.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I used to fit as the proverbial butchers dog in the forces. Smashed my knee to bits and I have been lazy ever since if I am honest with myself.

Off to Mexico with the missus in June and determined not to look like an absolute muffin when I get there. Dieting is the hard part for me, it's alright in the army as you are doing so much physical activity you can mostly get away with it. Now I am sat behind a desk turning myself in to a bean bag.

try this - 

Go to war against BEIGE food. It's evil.

Chips (in fact potatoes of all types - crisps, etc). Cake, batter on fish. If its beige, don't eat it.

Replace BEIGE with GREEN and RED.

I tried this and it worked.

Just now, WhiteHorseRam said:

try this - 

Go to war against BEIGE food. It's evil.

Chips (in fact potatoes of all types - crisps, etc). Cake, batter on fish. If its beige, don't eat it.

Replace BEIGE with GREEN and RED.

I tried this and it worked.

Food is my weakness, always has been. I have tried doubling up on the exercise to avoid skimping on the junk food but it inevitably hasn't had the results I desired. I have got some decent mass on my arms and shoulders but the junk food/beer belly has gone nowhere.

I just need to get a grip and stop being weak willed to be honest. Need to hire someone to follow me around and slap me every time I try and buy a double cheesburger or a Greggs pasty.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Food is my weakness, always has been. I have tried doubling up on the exercise to avoid skimping on the junk food but it inevitably hasn't had the results I desired. I have got some decent mass on my arms and shoulders but the junk food/beer belly has gone nowhere.

I just need to get a grip and stop being weak willed to be honest. Need to hire someone to follow me around and slap me every time I try and buy a double cheesburger or a Greggs pasty.

Easy, go hipster Gluten Free like AlexW

then say good bye to Greg's and Ronnie MacDonnie

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I have a mate who follows the idea that food is just fuel.

When we are in the office and he is physically sedentary, he just eats grapes and satsumas. If he is sat at his desk it is like sharing the office with a small monkey all day. All whooping and bl**dy orange peel everywhere.

5 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

If its beige, don't eat it.

Whoa whoa whoa! 

I think you'll find that Parsnips, although beige, are an excellent non starchy, non carby and nutritious substitute for the potato. We - i mean THEY work well on your shepherds pie or even as chips!

Racist.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, David said:

Just over a month later another stone down, weirdly the NHS BMI chart has given me a few extra pounds allowance to be "normal"....I'll take it!

(Still alcohol free)

IMG_1803.PNG

IMG_1805.PNG

Nice one.

What App is that?

Archived