Mobile Phones

David

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've taken the odd picture, very rare during a game. I just don't get it.

Corner, whips phone out.

Free kick, whips phone out.

The worst are those that record the crowd singing whilst not joining in themselves. 

You always here complaints about the atmosphere, the acoustics are not right, not a patch on the Baseball Ground, this his nothing to do with the ground, it's technology, thousands of people sat on their phones all game.  

I think it's mainstream popular events that bring people in that aren't wholly intent on being engrossed in or appreciating what they are there to see.

For example.

At a Man Utd v Arsenal match you'll see swathes of these simpletons whipping the phones out every two seconds whilst at a Torquay United v Macclesfield match you'll be lucky if you get any.

Go to a huge concert with a chart topping popular artist and they are there. All over the place but go to a small intimate Iliketrains gig at Leeds Cockpit and you'll just see music fans enjoying and appreciating the music. No phones.

It's more a sheep culture that we are dealing with now and Championship grounds are seeing it a lot more as there are some huge popular clubs in the division.

Ironically when some k n o b is filming a Liverpool goal does he not realise he will be able to see a million different angles of said goal on social media and tv? Whilst the Torquay fan who DOESN'T film is the one who genuinely would have a reason to do so as it is unlikely to be shown barely anywhere.

Fans that film goals IMO first of all are not emotionally involved in the one thing you go to football for so it is debatable whether they are real fans and secondly they should be removed from the stadium immediately.

It's a strong opinion but tell me how I'm wrong? We've all been to games where your team is battering the opposition but just cannot score and the frustration and tension builds up. Then eventually you break the deadlock and all this outpouring of relief and elation comes out and you go mental.

The last thing on your mind is to whip you're phone out and start filming it. To do so means that the goal doesn't mean that much to you. The footage is more intrinsically important than that special moment that you see and feel and enjoy.

By all means record that moment but when you get home and begin to watch your footage, that moment has passed and you've missed it.

Idiot.

Archived