The news in the news

David

Wikipedia have this week put a block on the Daily Mail from being a credible source on their website for not fact checking stories. 

Liverpool today have banned The Sun from attending games, press conferences and the training ground.

In other news....

Derby Evening Telegraph are still blocking readers from their articles with surveys and full screen ads.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done training where there were 10 ridiculous claims about possible cancer causes...and you had to guess which were real articles from the papers. 

Answer.  All 10 were actually published in the Daily Mail. Honest!

PS on the matter of adverts my wife is convinced I spend my whole life searching for single Asian women ...

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

PS on the matter of adverts my wife is convinced I spend my whole life searching for single Asian women ...

Tell her this,

"Look love I haven't been looking for any women online, why would I when I have already found the best? They are just adverts and when the site has no targeted ads to show it throws out filler ads that could be anything, look here I can go to the Derby Evening Telegraph and be shown a full screen make up ad, now let me tell you know, I'm not into cross dressing either."

40 minutes ago, David said:

Wikipedia have this week put a block on the Daily Mail from being a credible source on their website for not fact checking stories. 

Liverpool today have banned The Sun from attending games, press conferences and the training ground.

In other news....

Derby Evening Telegraph are still blocking readers from their articles with surveys and full screen ads.

Stupid on both counts. Who checks wiki entries before they  are published?

as for liverpool banning sun journalists how stupid is that... The hillsborough tragedy was 28 years ago. Why not ban the daily mail for being nazi sympathisers 70 years ago, or all newspapers for being anti gays until about 50 years ago? 

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Who checks wiki entries before they  are published?

Found one journalists response pretty funny, found 3 errors on his own Wiki page. Oliver Holt I think it was.

Apparently the Mail thing has a decision made by the editors and not Wiki themselves, been a long running debate since 2015. Guessing the recent fake news coverage has sped it along.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Adblock browser cuts out all the adverts on the telegraph I've found....Takes a while to load though as it digs through all the crap to the actual article

Yes, it also effects smaller sites that rely on advert revenue to stay online. Nobody remembers to whitelist the smaller sites that don't invade your browsers with popups or surveys. 

I just hope someone else out there has the time and disposable income to run a Derby County forum, I will miss coming online and talking about the games when this place is gone and we're left with Facebook and Twitter.

1 hour ago, David said:

Yes, it also effects smaller sites that rely on advert revenue to stay online. Nobody remembers to whitelist the smaller sites that don't invade your browsers with popups or surveys. 

I just hope someone else out there has the time and disposable income to run a Derby County forum, I will miss coming online and talking about the games when this place is gone and we're left with Facebook and Twitter.

handbags-500x333_zpsbfzthgxf.jpg

I actually only use the adblock browser for Facebook links to stop crap getting through constantly and that's where most of the telegraph links originate...

I don't really notice the add on here other than the Russian dating ones.....(if I was twenty years younger,I'd no doubt be answering those and finding myself being hideously murdered by my Russian girlfriend Olga's  jealous boyfriend a year down the line...Thanks David!)

3 hours ago, LesterRam said:

Daily mail is the largest news site on the net isn't it?

Yes ..

AND you'll BE SHOCKED how Meg Ryan looks now ...

AND you'll be AMAZED when Andrew Neill HUMILIATES Peter Haine

AND  Diane Abbott tells David Davis to F OFF

AND 10 ways to BOOST your pension pot

Grand stuff.

2 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Yes ..

AND you'll BE SHOCKED how Meg Ryan looks now ...

AND you'll be AMAZED when Andrew Neill HUMILIATES Peter Haine

AND  Diane Abbott tells David Davis to F OFF

AND 10 ways to BOOST your pension pot

Grand stuff.

I bloody hate the daily mail....and everybody who actually reads the rag.

And that's despite the fact that I'm ardently pro brexit and fairly anti liberal in many respects...so there.

12 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

Nobody on Merseyside has read the Sun since Hillsborough anyway..

Same as I stopped reading the Mirror after Maxwell.

I stopped reading the sun after Murdoch sacked everyone and moved to Wapping with a new workforce in place and stopped reading the mirror after Piers Morgan endangered British troops lives by printing made up stories.

Archived