why do you love dcfc and what would make you not love them?

kyle mccabe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like a lot of us, I didn't really have a choice! Can't remember the first game my dad too k me to, too long ago. With only newspapers and occasional radio programmes it was quite difficult to keep up with events but me and my dad did our best! Over the years have only been able to attend a few games due to distance, finance, family etc. But now I have my first season ticket I get to as many as I can.

I occasionally get fed up with them but never out of love - like a lot of marriages!

Anyway I may be a half fan in attendance terms but I'll always be a whole Ram!

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This was my first league home match that I went to with my old man. No surprise that I was instantly hooked.

I don't think there is anything that could make me properly fall out of love with Derby. I have been apathetic at times when things got bad, but never completely divorced.

My first game was the same fixture the year before - also known as the last at the Baseball Ground - so this game was extra sweet. Watching Sturridge and Wanchope give that Arsenal defence nightmares will stick with me. That save from Poom was special too.

13 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

A phone company(Optus) bought the premiership rights and the only way to get them is to switch to their long-term contracts. Even if I wasn't tied up with my phone company for another year or so, I resent these sorts of business practices.

As for the Championship, Bein (the old Setanta) still has the Championship rights but there seem to be fewer games being broadcast now they've partnered with Foxtel. Bundesliga gets preference especially on the Saturday games (2am Sunday here) now (not sure if Bundesliga play more games at 2am this season or if they've just changed priorities but there are definitely more Saturday rounds with no Championship broadcasts; then there's the fact that there are fewer Derby matches telecast this year anyway). 

Thanks for letting me know. I hope it improves for you soon. 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I love Derby because they are *my* team. They play for me and I support them.

I'm fed up with the whinging, entitled, blinkered, negative, fans who claim to be fans of Derby.

I've removed a lot from my Twitter feed. These people who feel it's ok to put the most ridiculous things out for all to read, for example today about Keogh 'hope he's permanently injured' and worse, are those very people who would explode in indignant fury if such things were said to or about their kids. Bullying is a way of life and all ok is it? :angry:

Archived