TalkSport - Richard Keogh

Sith Happens

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Durham is the ultimate WUM! He wants people to bite and when they do he winds them up even more. I thought he was a dick first time I heard him but gained my respect when learned he is a Peterborough fan. At last a pundit or journalist who doesn't purely focus on premier league football. I quite like his show although he does over do it at times and is deliberately controversial to the point of becoming farcical.

As for Keogh, why do we care what Durham thinks. We watch him week in week out and have our own valid opinions. My opinion, there is no other centre back in the championship that can pass or play out from the back like he does. He is a championship version Gerard Pique, one of the best in the league and he can defend too. He makes mistakes because he has the ball more than anyone else, tries to make things happen, and when he does mess up he gets straight on the ball again. Drive and character in abundance. We're lucky to have him. Whether he'll be good enough for the premier league remains to be seen but in the Championship, he is a class player.

Never used to rate him. Used to think he wasn't a patch on Shacks and to be fair defensively Shacks is better. 

Then I realised that makes me realise how good he is. No defender in the division is a patch on him on the ball. He's pacey which is good got our high line.

He's perfect for us.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Keogh is a credit to his profession. After all the berating he received from the fans in 14/15 season he never let his head drop, he came back and proved all of his critics wrong. Keogh is one player that I don't think you can take from our side, his passing and dribbling out from the back is something that neither Shackell nor Pearce possess to the same level.

Certainly didn't prove his critics of that period wrong.He was a liability at that time (and nothing to do with PO final). He has improved immensely in these last two seasons. Cut out the playing on his backside too many times and way more disciplined as a defender. Is now an asset to the side.

This guy purposely says stuff to make people bite. His views are ridiculous. This week he was saying that Leicester should field a weakened team in the Champions League.

He has based his opinion purely on Keogh getting done in the 110th minute of a replay by a class player in Gray.

Dont respond to it and rise to the bait.

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

Certainly didn't prove his critics of that period wrong.He was a liability at that time (and nothing to do with PO final). He has improved immensely in these last two seasons. Cut out the playing on his backside too many times and way more disciplined as a defender. Is now an asset to the side.

Surely that means he HAS proved his critics of that period wrong? The ones who demanded we sell him, saying he was a terrible defender etc, by the way he is playing now has just proven that the scapegoating of him was totally unjustified and maybe to look at the players around him? 

15 hours ago, David said:

Agree or disagree the bloke is entitled to his opinion, it's not one I haven't heard before or agree with but thats football.

Agreed, however as like anyone else, you put your opinion out there you have to accept the fact that people will have an opinion on your opinion, in this case most people's opinion is that he is a cockwomble, on this forum, he may well be a god on another, but hey tha's life, highs and lows.

16 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Agreed, however as like anyone else, you put your opinion out there you have to accept the fact that people will have an opinion on your opinion, in this case most people's opinion is that he is a cockwomble, on this forum, he may well be a god on another, but hey tha's life, highs and lows.

I do accept it but I don't understand why it has to result in calling the bloke an arse and god knows what.

Starting to creep in a lot lately including towards other members.

Are we no longer capable of disagreeing with an opinion and laying out the reasons why without going do the playground name calling route? 

3 minutes ago, David said:

I do accept it but I don't understand why it has to result in calling the bloke an arse and god knows what. Starting to creep in a lot lately and towards other members.

Are we no longer capable of disagreeing with an opinion and laying out the reasons why without going do the playground name calling route? 

No. And you'd better come to the Merlin before the match and give me your dinner money or I'll bash your face in :p

Just now, ossieram said:

No. And you'd better come to the Merlin before the match and give me your dinner money or I'll bash your face in :p

I'm on my way, just waiting on my mum to drop me off. Can we leave out the wedgy today, I'm still hurting from last time

Archived