Cyrus Christie

belperram9

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was actually just thinking this myself having not long tuned in although i'd like to think he's just settling back in. A few times we've broken quickly and he can neither control the ball nor take on the defender and loses it. Really basic stuff. A mixture of good and terrible our Cyrus at times.  Very frustrating.

What is frustrating is that everyone knows what his weaknesses are and that's not me criticising. Everyone has weaknesses but surely HE must be aware of what they are too and thus surely he works on these in training to become more adequate and better in situations where he struggles.

It looks like Christie hasn't addressed any of the issues we all know he causes when he gets the white shirt on.

I do think Cyrus is an excellent footballer and he works very hard but if these often basic frequent inconsistencies continue then it then becomes clear that if we want to have dreams of getting into the big league then Cyrus isn't quite what we need.

Not sure if that's criticism or not. I really don't intend it to be derogatory to Cyrus but it's just how I see it.  

BV ignore the bv, my delete button is knackered and I tye, sorry.

6 minutes ago, Dcfc10 said:

Some good crosses of the ball in to the box from him . But ffs he got a football brain of a toddler.

One good cross. One. Russell headed it wide.

The rest , he had time and space to pick out a man, nobody was closing him down. He put these crosses 'into an area'. That area was... nowhere near any of the Derby players in the box.

He consistently does the wrong things at the wrong time. He doesn't learn. It seems that he never will. 

It worries me that teams let him have the ball. It shows ineffectiveness to me. He needs to get the ball and run directly towards goal more and make spaces rather than staying wide too.

Personally though I'm a very big fan of the Baird + Ince and Olsson/Lowe + Anya/Russell combos. It brings a nice balance to the team.

7 minutes ago, Dcfc10 said:

Some good crosses of the ball in to the box from him . But ffs he got a football brain of a toddler.

I have a toddler. There's no way she could've put that ball in for Russell. No way.

But yeah the rest of their games are comparable - including the way they both throw their arms up in a mard when someone nicks the ball of their feet.

Still waiting for the thread starter to get the wrong end of the stick to one of my posts tonight.....

also I was there tonight sweet pea

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

One good cross. One. Russell headed it wide.

The rest , he had time and space to pick out a man, nobody was closing him down. He put these crosses 'into an area'. That area was... nowhere near any of the Derby players in the box.

He consistently does the wrong things at the wrong time. He doesn't learn. It seems that he never will. 

Saved me a post with this.

Archived