Unhyped TV Series

David

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Is that the first one you are watching? It's excellent. Started the whole scandinavian tv thing off over here. Love the way they finish off each episode with the intense music.

the first Danish/Scandinavian? Yes. IN terms of subtitled, I've only watched Narcos and Gomorrah.

Are there others of a similar ilk?

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

the first Danish/Scandinavian? Yes. IN terms of subtitled, I've only watched Narcos and Gomorrah.

Are there others of a similar ilk?

I meant the first series of the Killing. It's awesome.

Quite a few scandinavian tv series have been on but I only watched The Killing. The bridge supposed to be good but I watched the tunnel before realising it was a remake. There was that detective one than bbc remade as well, Wallander I think?

I'm gonna watch Narcos soon.

Abstract on Netflix.

A series of documentaries on the creative arts industries/processes.

Watched one on about illustration with Cristoph Niemann who does New Yorker covers, one about the guy who does Nike trainers, Tinker Hatfield and one about Bjarke Ingels who's an architect from Denmark.

Really interesting stuff.

On 13/02/2017 at 22:35, ariotofmyown said:

I meant the first series of the Killing. It's awesome.

Quite a few scandinavian tv series have been on but I only watched The Killing. The bridge supposed to be good but I watched the tunnel before realising it was a remake. There was that detective one than bbc remade as well, Wallander I think?

I'm gonna watch Narcos soon.

I keep watching and thinking it's going to be the last episode and then it keeps twisting! It's ruining my sleep.. "oh, I'll watch one more, that'll be the end... Oh crud, there's another one!!".

Will try and finish season 1 this afternoon. 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I keep watching and thinking it's going to be the last episode and then it keeps twisting! It's ruining my sleep.. "oh, I'll watch one more, that'll be the end... Oh crud, there's another one!!".

Will try and finish season 1 this afternoon. 

I thought you might be unaware how long it is when you called it a 'mini-series'.

Bet it's actually good to watch a programme without any idea how long it's gonna go on for.

11 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I thought you might be unaware how long it is when you called it a 'mini-series'.

Bet it's actually good to watch a programme without any idea how long it's gonna go on for.

it is described on some blurb as a Danish mini-series! Honest! :lol:

On 13/02/2017 at 09:22, JoetheRam said:

Catastrophe on C4/All  4.

Also The Trip and The Trip to Italy on Netflix. Coogan and Brydon travelling about eating good food and doing impressions and playing imagined versions of themselves.

Good comedy. 

Love the trip, subtle funny, gentle entertainment from two funny people.

On 13/2/2017 at 09:04, alexxxxx said:

Locked Up - spanish drama on All Four.

Great show.

Called Vis a Vis over here (inmates are allowed a "personal" visitor whilst locked away). It's a good watch (not just for the lesbian scenes  :ph34r:). There are two seasons of it over here, but I haven't got round to seeing the last few episodes yet. My wife and many friends say that the ending is good.

On 19/02/2017 at 11:40, richinspain said:

Called Vis a Vis over here (inmates are allowed a "personal" visitor whilst locked away). It's a good watch (not just for the lesbian scenes  :ph34r:). There are two seasons of it over here, but I haven't got round to seeing the last few episodes yet. My wife and many friends say that the ending is good.

Only the first series has been shown on 4 on Demand which has a great ending.

I'm hoping there's a subtitled version of the 2nd series somewhere as im not sure it is on here now.

Archived