Do you think Leicester will go down?

toddy

44 minutes ago, Zurich Ram said:

what he said - you can tell when they've won a match, somebody in Tesco's, Ashby De La Zouch, will be wearing the colours, not seen it for a while, mind.......

I have. The bloke who checks your garbage at the Barwell tip had one of those strange tall bobble hats on with a Fester badge on it. He didn't smile much.

However, my step-son seems resigned to the fact that they may well get relegated this year, but at least he's lived the dream. To be fair, he never crowed about it at the time. Seemed more shell shocked than anything.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6.2.2017 at 19:50, Paul71 said:

So IF they get relegated and IF they somehow won the CL, would they stlll be allowed to play in the CL next season?

Yes they would. It ain't that far away when Millwall played Championship and Uefa Cup at the same time.

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Yes they would. It ain't that far away when Millwall played Championship and Uefa Cup at the same time.

I remember that, think it was them from reaching the FA cup final where they got dismantled by Man U, Boro from winning the league cup and Newcastle from their finish in the league the season before.

Which would make it 04/05. Scary that it was over a dozen years ago now they competed as I remember the Wall's lack of quality telling as they got trashed by their first european opponents to exit early in the season.

By contrast Boro and Newcastle batted their own opponents aside, then walked their respective groups to both finish first and got past the last 32 ties as well.

Ironically both went out in March in the last 16 and quarters respectively to the same side, eventual runners up Sporting Lisbon.

I do know their football at Pride Park was some of the most boring to watch I have seen in a long time and their fans in the King Power Stadium generated the worst atmosphere I can remember at a Premiership club last night.  Winning the league may be a poisoned chalice of misplaced entitlement and future unrest.  I, however, won £250 on them last year. Laughing! 

Confidence shot, players unable to put 2 passes together the momentum is within them to drop into the bottom 3.

Yesterdays performance against Swansea was awful - 80 years since the winner of the old 1st division /prem has been relegated the following season.

Not sure if any club that has made the knockout stages out the champions league  has also been relegated from their home top flight in the same season? 

I think that come the end of the season they will have managed to turn it around in fairness, but having watched their last couple of games they're absolutely awful and are in real danger of going down.

The one guy I feel really sorry for in all of this is Ranieri, he's being majorly let down by the players who did so well last season and now I wouldn't even be surprised if he got the sack (not that he deserves the sack). If I was him I'd drop the likes of Vardy and Mahrez as they truly do not look interested, and try to get the most out of the players who look like they do care such as Gray, Slimani and Ndidi. 

They really want to stay up this season, as otherwise their amazing achievement 2015/2016 will be completely coloured by being relegated 2016/2017. (The Trivial Pursuit answer that even completely non-football interested people know for all time).

Also, I suspect a heap of their players would leave/be bought out of their contracts and they would then spend a good long time in the EFL.

I think that there is every chance they will go down

Right now only 5 points separate the bottom 6 clubs - 3 of them won't make it. 

I genuinely believe any of them could go down, its that close and there are plenty of matches to go.

So that gives the Foxes only a 50% chance of survival at best

Looking at momentum and belief, which seems to be so important at this point in the season, 2 of them (Swansea and Hull) are showing promise. I would have included Sunderland with them after their result at Palace, but then they went backwards alarmingly at home to Southampton. There is only one team showing worse form than Leicester and that is Palace. That leaves Middlesbro who don't seem to have been as bad as the others so far - no shocking defeats or abject performances.

Leicester have been under pressure to improve for months now, and have failed to do so. The manager is tinkering like mad and confusing the players. Some of the other teams have made changes and are showing signs of improvement. Poor performances in the Cup and Champions League for the Foxes could be like nails in their coffin. None of the other teams down there are under the same scrutiny and its related pressure.

So I'm going for Sunderland, Palace and Leicester to go down , based on current showings.

Perfect :  I've convinced myself. That pre-season bet on them getting relegated is looking nailed on.

14 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

They need to hurry up & finish that vardy film or the fanale will be him getting booed off after a goaless draw with Burton 

I heard they are waiting a couple of years and going to call it 'vardy - there and back again', the exciting story of a player on his rise from non league football, to pl champion, relegation and all the way back to non league.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I heard they are waiting a couple of years and going to call it 'vardy - there and back again', the exciting story of a player on his rise from non league football, to pl champion, relegation and all the way back to non league.

Part 2. The desolation of Lineker.

4 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Part 2. The desolation of Lineker.

I had a dream last night that Lineker was sacked by the BBC. I wasn't sure if it was a Fran or not actually, I had to check. Can't remember what he was sacked or through. It may have even been for some personal slight against me. Such is my god-like power, I had him sacked. 

Bit i remember being quite sad and shocked actually, cos I quite like him. 

I remember seeing an interview with Alan Shearer, and even he wasn't able to defend him, so he must've done something bad. 

It was a dream, right? Not just a premonition of this film. 

Archived