Sir David Beckham

David

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I ever got a letter asking me to accept "insert honour" here from the lizard..... I would politely decline and say I'm just doing what I thought was right..... I don't need a title to make me look good or looked up too. 

19 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

If I ever got a letter asking me to accept "insert honour" here from the lizard..... I would politely decline and say I'm just doing what I thought was right..... I don't need a title to make me look good or looked up too. 

You're only saying that as the only letter you'll get is from Mel's lawyer ?

42 minutes ago, David said:

You're only saying that as the only letter you'll get is from Mel's lawyer ?

He can happily take me to court. I dare him..... :p

Screw anyone who needs a PR team to highlight their good deeds. It defies the purpose of being a good Samaritan. I'm sure the guys that wrote the Bible and the other Abrahamic faiths books did say keep your good deeds between you and God, or something to that ilk. 

Was he that good a footballer? He had a good cross and a decent free-kick technique, but I was always left baffled by how average the rest of his game was.

An OBE I can live with, but a knighthood? We should really save those for sports stars who have actually won something and made the country proud. What did Beckham ever win at a national level?

19 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I have always liked David Beckham, he usually does come across as a fairly decent bloke despite the media making several attempts over the years to discredit him....

There was the Rebecca Loos 'affair' debacle that only the media came out of looking bad, they wanted the beckhams to bite and they didnt, they just went about their business, who knows if it was true or not but it did not tarnish his reputation.

Then dont forget the constant attempts to suggest he was looking at other women, how many times were pictures published showing him looking at cheerleaders etc? Ok come on...how many of us wouldnt have had a crafty glance???

39354603.cms

Now this....maybe he has said something, maybe he does have a desire to be knighted i dont know, he certainly doesnt come across as fake when he is doing his charity work so he is a very good actor if hes only doing it for recognition.

I do think todays celebrities receive awards far too easily, comeon victoria beckham getting an obe for services to fashion??? whats that all about? Andy Murray being knighted?? ok he's is a fantastic tennis player but seriously knighted at this point in his life is crazy..

What I find more appauling is that the media is happy to condone his emails being hacked by publishing their content. Surely hacking someones private emails is illegal? To publish their content is supporting illegal activity too?

This will blow over.

If you were a straight man you would have had to have been a robot not to have had a sneaky look at that lady. The paparazzi was obviously set up like a sniper ready for him to flick his eyes over.

I get the point here, it's a transparent attempt at personal glory.

But you can't undo the charity work he's done. He's helped a lot of people and raised millions.

The motivations for it all seem a bit irrelevant to me. But then knighthoods are irrelevant to me also.

8 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

If you were a straight man you would have had to have been a robot not to have had a sneaky look at that lady. The paparazzi was obviously set up like a sniper ready for him to flick his eyes over.

yeah exactly.

1 minute ago, StivePesley said:

There are very few footballers with knighthoods - even Bobby Moore, the captain of the only World Cup winning English team was passed over for a knighthood.

I think Bobby would have got one but his premature death made him miss out. Same as Graham Taylor. Clough should have had one too.

It will be interesting to see if Arsene gets the Bob Geldof version (KBE). Everyone appreciates what he has done apart from the Arsenal fans.

7 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Brian Clough, took two unfashionable provincial sides to utopia with a limited budget and structure, political correctness isn't a reason for not acknowledging the greatest manager this country has ever made, criminal :(

I can never understand why they can't give knighthoods posthumously. 

let me sum up our New Years Honours list...

Sian Louise Massey-Ellis (31 years old) MBE, who officiates generally in the role of assistant referee in the Premier League and the Football League, so when most Men are not even qualified to officiate a game we have a woman who is only 31 years old gaining a MBE, that is political correctness gone mad.

Archived