Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

42 minutes ago, KBB said:

I would sign Damien Delaney from palace. Yes he is old, yes he is a bit slow, but bloody hell he is committed, tough, experienced, competitive, aggressive and above all a leader.

Don't get me wrong there are many "better" centre backs than him who we could sign, but I feel he would have a huge impact here.

A couple of years ago, I would have whole heartedly agreed with you, even though I'd be thinking he might be a bit too old.

We might be just a tad too far down the road now he's pushing 36...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, maydrakin said:

A couple of years ago, I would have whole heartedly agreed with you, even though I'd be thinking he might be a bit too old.

We might be just a tad too far down the road now he's pushing 36...

We say this every season when we are linked with an older player.

Last year it was Dean Whithead, we didn't want to sign him due to being too old...he is now in the playoffs with Hudds.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We say this every season when we are linked with an older player.

Last year it was Dean Whithead, we didn't want to sign him due to being too old...he is now in the playoffs with Hudds.

I'm quite happy to be proven wrong, however I imagine there are quite a few more old heads signed that don't turn out quite so well...

This season has provided such gems as Joey Barton at Rangers, Wes Brown - Blackburn, Rickie Lambert - Cardiff, Damian Perquis - Forest, etc.

Dale Stephens from Brighton on a free for me. Derby lacked a proper defensive midfielder all season and too many goals were conceded from the centre of the box  from a position in front of the centre halves. Failing Stephens I would go for Leadbitter from Boro who is very combative and has experience of promotion.

3 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Dale Stephens from Brighton on a free for me. Derby lacked a proper defensive midfielder all season and too many goals were conceded from the centre of the box  from a position in front of the centre halves. Failing Stephens I would go for Leadbitter from Boro who is very combative and has experience of promotion.

If Stephens is available on a free then he's aiming to play in the PL. He could do this by signing a new contract with Brighton or I'm sure there'd be 3 or 4 clubs already there who would be happy to sign him.

We would have no chance!

On 30/04/2017 at 18:29, sage said:

Have you seen Rawson play? He is nowhere near that level.

Yes I've seen Rawson play . Bags of natural ability just lacks experience but that's just my opinion you have yours but neither really matter it's Rowett's that does and he'll probably have different plans altogether .

On 1.5.2017 at 01:19, DCFC1388 said:

Id look at Kieran Lee from Sheff Weds on a free, similar player to Bryson in terms of a box to box midfielder but I think Lee is better on the ball plus he is younger.

if we did this, that star bloke would be happy

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Frazer campell that play for cardiff city on a free end of the season if chris martin leaves.

Linked to Leeds. 

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

On the face of it, Ryan Bennett might be worth a go - centre back of a decent age (27). No idea if he's any good, mind, or what sort of wage he'd be demanding.

I'm struggling here, worth a go as he's 27 and a CB is that it? Can find loads of those around, no idea if they would be any good though 

Archived