Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HAZ said:

I'd look at getting Sam Gallagher from Southampton. Done well in a poor Blackburn side. 6 foot 4 and isn't slow. Good age aswell at 21. 

Villa wanted him. (No surprise there)

6 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Manga of cardiff or Tarkowski of Burnley , watkins of Barnsley , Robinson preston , Maghoma Birmingham and Ashley Barnes Burnley are players id like to think might be on GRS shopping list

Tarkowski is a great shout, injuries slowed his progress (I think, I seem to remember reading about him suffering one...) and behind competition at Burnley. Very good at Brentford though few years back. 

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Tarkowski is a great shout, injuries slowed his progress (I think, I seem to remember reading about him suffering one...) and behind competition at Burnley. Very good at Brentford though few years back. 

Think we were offered him as part of the Hendrick deal?

At the awards night Rowett just said he use to go scout Marc Roberts when he was at Buxton, he seemed keen on him, this was a few years ago but from going to Buxton to Barnsley Captain in a few years is a good step up 

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

At the awards night Rowett just said he use to go scout Marc Roberts when he was at Buxton, he seemed keen on him, this was a few years ago but from going to Buxton to Barnsley Captain in a few years is a good step up 

He looked quality for Barnsley at pp earlier this season would be a very good signing 

36 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Moses Odubajo from Hull? Young, versatile player who seems to have fallen out of favour a bit.

Or he's injured. 

My defender suggestions 

Roberts (Barnsley this is one who I was on about the one who impressed me at Pride Park @RiddingsRam

Potts (Blackpool) 

Bradley (Plymouth) 

Rowe (Doncaster) 

Waterfall (Lincoln)

Marsh-Brown (Forest Green Rovers) 

My midfielder suggestions

Wheeler(Exeter) 

Morris (Ssausagehorpe) 

Berry (Cambridge) 

Arnold (Lincoln) 

McGeehan (Luton) 

Oztumer(Walsall) 

Wordsworth (Southend) 

My striker suggestion (if we have to get one) 

Miller (Dover) 39 goals this season 37 goals in the league. 

So would be nice to have any one of them in Rams shirt for next season. :)?

12 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Kyle Bartley on a free would do quite nicely - on loan at Leeds and out of contract from Swansea...

Edit - Wikipedia has him out of contract whereas Transfermarkt has him under contract for another year...  still would be worth a punt.

Flint suggestions are brain dead. He's a sideways move from Pearce and backwards from a fit Shackell. It's that sort of mentality in the transfer market that's bloated our squad with signings that are no better than what we've got. Also comes from the thinking that if we sign a tall enough CB we'll stop conceding from set-pieces, which really isn't accurate.

Really want us to look long and hard into a CB this summer, someone who's as good defensively as prime Shackell but is better than Shackell/Pearce are on the ball. Doesn't neccesarilky have to be as good as Keogh on the ball, just quicker than Pearce so our tempo doesn't plummet if they're seeing a lot of the ball.

**** knows where we'd find that CB but that's where I'd really like us to invest our money in the summer, if we're going to make a big signing (e.g. Johnson and Vydra in last few windows).

I would sign Damien Delaney from palace. Yes he is old, yes he is a bit slow, but bloody hell he is committed, tough, experienced, competitive, aggressive and above all a leader.

Don't get me wrong there are many "better" centre backs than him who we could sign, but I feel he would have a huge impact here.

Archived