Dr Who

1of4

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone who's taste I trust... raved and raved about Dr Who when it came back. Having loved it as a kid (until McCoy of course!) I went against my adult prejudice and trusted the advice...and you know what?

it really was the biggest steaming pile of babble-filled, dross I feared.

Maybe it was just that episode ...but can't bring myself to try again. ..

Sad to see Capaldi go, but with a new showrunner coming in, I guess it's a clean slate type of situation.

If they push the boat out it and cast a black actor, it should be Richard Ayoade, David Oyelowo or (if they want to get the youngsters back) Alfred Enoch.

If they really push the boat out and go for a woman, it should be Olivia Coleman or Emma Thompson

If they reeeeeeeeeelly push the boat and cast an American ( :o ), it should be Danny Pudi from Community

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Sad to see Capaldi go, but with a new showrunner coming in, I guess it's a clean slate type of situation.

If they push the boat out it and cast a black actor, it should be Richard Ayoade, David Oyelowo or (if they want to get the youngsters back) Alfred Enoch.

If they really push the boat out and go for a woman, it should be Olivia Coleman or Emma Thompson

If they reeeeeeeeeelly push the boat and cast an American ( :o ), it should be Danny Pudi from Community

They went quite far enough making him Scottish, thank you very much. 

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Edit: Double post, but while I'm here I liked the way they actually wrote in a reason for him having the same face as someone he had previously met (although it was a bit forced). So that leaves the door open for anyone who has previously been involved. 

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Only if they bring Donald Glover in too as his sidekick. "Troy and Abed in the Tardis"

20 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I rang up for an audition for the Doctor. They could only fit me in 3 weeks Wednesday at 12.10 for 10 min max.

You obviousy weren't poorly enough :unsure: You must try harder. We need "commitment" in everything these days.

mind you, joking apart I saw the chart of no shows per month at our docs and it is mind boggling. Hundreds per month 

1 hour ago, jono said:

You obviousy weren't poorly enough :unsure: You must try harder. We need "commitment" in everything these days.

mind you, joking apart I saw the chart of no shows per month at our docs and it is mind boggling. Hundreds per month 

I wasn't really po....

Yes mate, they ought to at least turn up for appointments after waiting so long.

Probably be Mark Gattiss ..... he does everything else.

Would love to see Danny Dyer in the role. With his insightful erudition when playing key roles, and skilled emotional delivery, he recalls the great days of Olivier and Gielgud.

Also its time the Cybermen got a slap. Know what ah mean sahn?

I was having a thought: why did Tennant have to put on an English accent to play the doctor. Is it because the Doctor traditionally has an English accent, therefore a Scottish accent just wouldn't do? Until Capaldi came along, and they decided to give it a go. 

Does that mean that if a black actor was picked, he'd have to be made up to be white, because the Doctor is traditionally white? Until they realise how daft that is, and then the next black actor gets to be the first black Doctor. 

Surely that would be the same as the 'first Scottish Doctor' situation. 

But obviously if that were to happen, it would be hugely offensive to pretty much everyone, i think. So why aren't Scottish people more offended that Tennant had to put on an English accent to play the Doctor?

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Probably be Mark Gattiss ..... he does everything else.

Would love to see Danny Dyer in the role. With his insightful erudition when playing key roles, and skilled emotional delivery, he recalls the great days of Olivier and Gielgud.

Also its time the Cybermen got a slap. Know what ah mean sahn?

That would be class. I'd even love to see it as a Comic Relief sketch to be honest. Can't stand him but it would be comedy gold.

Archived