8 years ago today

David

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How was the general discussion on this forum in it's early days? 

%'s of demographics about the same? I imagine it was a generally less entitled population pre-McClaren's first season. 

16 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

How was the general discussion on this forum in it's early days? 

%'s of demographics about the same? I imagine it was a generally less entitled population pre-McClaren's first season. 

Could go away for a few days without worrying someone post something ridiculous that you would receive a letter from a lawyer for!

Saying that I think GSE took more stick whilst they were here but never reached out to me once.

One we had to watch out for was a bloke over in Oz that liked to post jokes a bit too close to the bone.

Also had a lad YR who could start an argument by himself in a phone box.

Religious topics were a no go for a while! 

Think he's into politics now, dread to think what would be going off he was still around, Brexit thread would be 5x longer now.

Not many of the originals around now, Bris was one, think I actually reached out to him early on and invited him across. Spoke a lot of sense back then, not sure what's happened since ?

We had a couple women back then, one was obsessed by Idiakez and Savage but drifted away as this place became busier, went back to Derby Mad but not seen her post for a while now

Was just good to get away from the DET to be honest, that place went downhill rapidly, still don't think this forum is as busy now as they were yet they only had just a couple of mods that didn't seem to be around for days on end. 

Some say we're a bit harsh on here but it's only to prevent this going down the same path. 

9 minutes ago, David said:

Could go away for a few days without worrying someone post something ridiculous that you would receive a letter from a lawyer for!

Saying that I think GSE took more stick whilst they were here but never reached out to me once.

One we had to watch out for was a bloke over in Oz that liked to post jokes a bit too close to the bone.

Also had a lad YR who could start an argument by himself in a phone box.

Religious topics were a no go for a while! 

Think he's into politics now, dread to think what would be going off he was still around, Brexit thread would be 5x longer now.

Not many of the originals around now, Bris was one, think I actually reached out to him early on and invited him across. Spoke a lot of sense back then, not sure what's happened since ?

We had a couple women back then, one was obsessed by Idiakez and Savage but drifted away as this place became busier, went back to Derby Mad but not seen her post for a while now

Was just good to get away from the DET to be honest, that place went downhill rapidly, still don't think this forum is as busy now as they were yet they only had just a couple of mods that didn't seem to be around for days on end. 

Some say we're a bit harsh on here but it's only to prevent this going down the same path. 

Interesting.

Back then (DET days) I was a season ticket holder (and at school) and I never thought to seek out somewhere to talk Derby as I couldn't get away from the discussions.

Now I don't go to games and have no local friends this place keeps me sane. Except the periods where having a reasonable discussion on here is like dredging through quicksand. 

I'm particularly grateful to you though for making this forum nice to navigate. I've never been one to last on a forum cos I find the ugly user-interfaces maddening.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Interesting.

Back then (DET days) I was a season ticket holder (and at school) and I never thought to seek out somewhere to talk Derby as I couldn't get away from the discussions.

Now I don't go to games and have no local friends this place keeps me sane. Except the periods where having a reasonable discussion on here is like dredging through quicksand. 

I'm particularly grateful to you though for making this forum nice to navigate. I've never been one to last on a forum cos I find the ugly user-interfaces maddening.

When I started this I couldn't get to games either, only way I could follow anything was online which became unbareable on the DET. 

Probably told this a thousand times but it's the start of my online relationship with Boycie, I seeked out friendly banter on the NEP, you could use your same login to sign in over there.

Boycie was already there, giving them some and we started tag teaming. The guy from Oz was also on there, can't remember if he was there before or after us.

Anyhow soon got kicked off when they appointed a mod squad, the leader of the pack Red Elvis didn't believe any Derby fans should be allowed on the famous teams forum.

I got booted first and took Boycie with me.

Couple a weeks later The Halfway House was launched, Derby and Forest fans on one forum, red black white colour scheme. Red Elvis joined  despite booting us off his pad but it didn't last long.

Couple months maybe and I closed it down, if Derby won and Forest lost they wouldn't come on. Other way round and they were giving it some. 

Not all Derby fans want to mix with the Forest lot so my online fix was never satisfied.

29th January 2009 I bought dcfcfans.co.uk in the morning and we was online that night.

Honestly doesn't feel that long ago, not 8 years. Pretty sure we'll be around for the 10th anniversary, be kinda cool if we could organise a big meet up for it, hire a room out at PP or something. 

1 minute ago, David said:

When I started this I couldn't get to games either, only way I could follow anything was online which became unbareable on the DET. 

Probably told this a thousand times but it's the start of my online relationship with Boycie, I seeked out friendly banter on the NEP, you could use your same login to sign in over there.

Boycie was already there, giving them some and we started tag teaming. The guy from Oz was also on there, can't remember if he was there before or after us.

Anyhow soon got kicked off when they appointed a mod squad, the leader of the pack Red Elvis didn't believe any Derby fans should be allowed on the famous teams forum.

Couple a weeks later The Halfway House was launched, Derby and Forest fans on one forum, red black white colour scheme. Red Elvis joined  despite booting us off his pad but it didn't last long.

Couple months maybe and I closed it down, if Derby won and Forest lost they wouldn't come on. Other way round and they were giving it some. 

Not all Derby fans want to mix with the Forest lot so my online fix was never satisfied.

29th January 2009 I bought dcfcfans.co.uk in the morning and we was online that night.

Honestly doesn't feel that long ago, not 8 years. Pretty sure we'll be around for the 10th anniversary, be kinda cool if we could organise a big meet up for it, hire a room out at PP or something. 

I'd probably brave the social world for that :lol:

Thanks David for your hard work in setting up and running the forum over the last eight years.  Joined the site about six months after the site started but have always read more than I've posted and so watched how Boycie and your bromance developed over the years?. Hope he's taking you somewhere nice to celebrate. Happy anniversary

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Thanks David for your hard work in setting up and running the forum over the last eight years.  Joined the site about six months after the site started but have always read more than I've posted and so watched how Boycie and your bromance developed over the years?. Hope he's taking you somewhere nice to celebrate. Happy anniversary

He's tried to ban me you know, I've had two warnings in 12 months, but he just can't issue that straight red, he knows he'd miss me like a child misses its dummy.

I'm not sure that was a good analogy tbh.

20 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He's tried to ban me you know, I've had two warnings in 12 months, but he just can't issue that straight red, he knows he'd miss me like a child misses its dummy.

I'm not sure that was a good analogy tbh.

Goodnight sweet prince

IMG_1354.PNG

8 hours ago, David said:

After a match, but come on the pointy room is only place to have it, tis the spiritual home of this place.

Archived