Why Is That?!!

Tony Le Mesmer

Just thought I would begin a thread about things in general that don't really make sense.

Just that today I was thinking about cars and speed. When the speed limit of all countries around the world is unlikely to exceed 90 mph at best, why do cars get made that can go well over 100/150 mph?

If you aren't meant to ever go that fast then why is that?

Why are they made to go this fast?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Just thought I would begin a thread about things in general that don't really make sense.

Just that today I was thinking about cars and speed. When the speed limit of all countries around the world is unlikely to exceed 90 mph at best, why do cars get made that can go well over 100/150 mph?

Trackdays, necessary BHP to overtake safely, Autobahns, all good reasons in my book.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

People needs cars that fast if they are too squeamish to have the penis extension operation. 

Things that don't make sense.

The fact my parents got to see man not only go into space, but land on a distant object and safely return, witnessed a man setting a speed record in a boat that stands to this day, and could fly to NY in half the time it takes now!

Hell, even the trains were quicker in those days when they ran on coal.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Why do cars have rear heated windows but not front ones?

Ford (or Toyota) own the patent and won't let the others (other than Ford and Toyota) use it. But I think the licensing lapses soon and all car manufacturers can put them in.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Things that don't make sense.

The fact my parents got to see man not only go into space, but land on a distant object and safely return, witnessed a man setting a speed record in a boat that stands to this day, and could fly to NY in half the time it takes now!

Hell, even the trains were quicker in those days when they ran on coal.

And we had a beautiful supersonic air liner....they all look like guppy fish now.

Why is that?

Why is it that in the 1970's, Uttoxeter had a Magistrates Court, a Council Office, a Labour exchange/Jobcentre, a Police Station, a Fire Station manned with full time firefighters, Ambulance station, Train station with waiting room and toilets with trains running late enough to get back home from night games, Public Toilets, Park keepers, Police officers patrolling estates on foot, a Racecourse owned by the council, subsidised buses to local villages, Banks and Post offices, and now, in 2017, we can't afford any of this.

Its as if some section of society had stopped paying tax into the public purse. Why is that?

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Why is that?

Why is it that in the 1970's, Uttoxeter had a Magistrates Court, a Council Office, a Labour exchange/Jobcentre, a Police Station, a Fire Station manned with full time firefighters, Ambulance station, Train station with waiting room and toilets with trains running late enough to get back home from night games, Public Toilets, Park keepers, Police officers patrolling estates on foot, a Racecourse owned by the council, subsidised buses to local villages, Banks and Post offices, and now, in 2017, we can't afford any of this.

Its as if some section of society had stopped paying tax into the public purse. Why is that?

Because there's too many immigrants or something like that I think. Uncle Rupert told me in his newspapers, the honest dude that he is.

Archived