Kyle McAllister - Signed 3 & 1/2 years

CWC1983

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Didn't we sign Chris Maguire from somewhere in Scotland after he'd scored an amazing goal?

He had 6 good months at Aberdeen and somehow Derby paid £400k. 

His goal from the halfway line was for Scotland u21's. 

There's a few decent talents lurking in Scotland...

Ronan Hughes and Matthew Knox to name two. Barcelona are scouting a defender from Fulkirk, I believe quite a bit of investment has gone into Scottish youth football recently. I hope both parties come to some form of agreement. Could plug a nice hole in the first team.

7 minutes ago, Waffle said:

There's a few decent talents lurking in Scotland...

Ronan Hughes and Matthew Knox to name two. Barcelona are scouting a defender from Fulkirk, I believe quite a bit of investment has gone into Scottish youth football recently. I hope both parties come to some form of agreement. Could plug a nice hole in the first team.

Nicholsan and Souttar at Hearts are very decent as well.

Hi folks, just a brief on young Kyle from a St. Mirren fan's perspective.

Despite the fact that we're currently in the middle of our worst season in living memory, Kyle McAllister came into the side around November and instantly looked like he'd been there for years. He defies his age with his ability. For a boy of 17, he's strong, fast, retains possession well and is very skillful. In fact he's been very unlucky only to have the one senior goal to his name so far.

Most of us are gutted to see him go and for as low as the £225k that's being reported up here (over £400k after add ons plus a healthy sell on clause though) but because of SFA rules, we could only get him on a 3 year contract on his 16th birthday. This runs out next January so would technically be able to speak to whoever he likes in the Summer so the board's hand was forced. In reality, a fee such as this for a lad who has less than 20 appearances to his name isn't bad going, though if it had been two years ago and we were still in the Premier League, I'd have said we could have comfortably held out for £500k. Where we are though, there's less and less eyes on us and further relegation and only having 6 months left on his deal would have left him going for pennies.

Anyway, hope he does really well for Derby. Any championship club is seen as a good potential move for a young player up here, especially if we get a nice chunk of a potential sell on given some of the daft money floating about down there. Would much rather he does some damage down there than move to Celtic and rot in the reserves for the crucial next couple of years of his career.

Best of luck. Can we get Craig Bryson and Jonny Russell on loan?

9 minutes ago, scottish-buddie said:

Hi folks, just a brief on young Kyle from a St. Mirren fan's perspective.

Despite the fact that we're currently in the middle of our worst season in living memory, Kyle McAllister came into the side around November and instantly looked like he'd been there for years. He defies his age with his ability. For a boy of 17, he's strong, fast, retains possession well and is very skillful. In fact he's been very unlucky only to have the one senior goal to his name so far.

Most of us are gutted to see him go and for as low as the £225k that's being reported up here (over £400k after add ons plus a healthy sell on clause though) but because of SFA rules, we could only get him on a 3 year contract on his 16th birthday. This runs out next January so would technically be able to speak to whoever he likes in the Summer so the board's hand was forced. In reality, a fee such as this for a lad who has less than 20 appearances to his name isn't bad going, though if it had been two years ago and we were still in the Premier League, I'd have said we could have comfortably held out for £500k. Where we are though, there's less and less eyes on us and further relegation and only having 6 months left on his deal would have left him going for pennies.

Anyway, hope he does really well for Derby. Any championship club is seen as a good potential move for a young player up here, especially if we get a nice chunk of a potential sell on given some of the daft money floating about down there. Would much rather he does some damage down there than move to Celtic and rot in the reserves for the crucial next couple of years of his career.

Best of luck. Can we get Craig Bryson and Jonny Russell on loan?

Cheers Buddie, always best to hear it from the horses mouth. You'd be more than welcome to have Craig Bryson on loan. 

Could I interest you in a Nick Blackman? ?

4 minutes ago, Waffle said:

Cheers Buddie, always best to hear it from the horses mouth. You'd be more than welcome to have Craig Bryson on loan. 

Could I interest you in a Nick Blackman? ?

He done quite well up here a few years ago. We'll take anything going! :D 

We're like a revolving door this window as it is.

20 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

The last K McAllister I recall playing for an east midlands side went on to be a top player.

Fingers crossed this fella will be summats like.

The K shouldn't be there!

Sorry about that. I have made it clear in previous posts that I am just a poorly educated, work with my arse hanging out my trousers bricklayer! 

3 hours ago, scottish-buddie said:

He done quite well up here a few years ago. We'll take anything going! :D 

We're like a revolving door this window as it is.

Thoughts on Jack Ross? You got a great result at Dens and a decent draw against East Fife in the next round. 

It's a shame it didn't work out for Rae and Farrell, well, for Farrell anyway because he came accross well in his book.

Hopefully you've got rid of Clangers in goal. 

All the best for the rest of the season, St Mirren should be nowhere near the bottom of Div 1. 

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Thoughts on Jack Ross? You got a great result at Dens and a decent draw against East Fife in the next round. 

It's a shame it didn't work out for Rae and Farrell, well, for Farrell anyway because he came accross well in his book.

Hopefully you've got rid of Clangers in goal. 

All the best for the rest of the season, St Mirren should be nowhere near the bottom of Div 1. 

I like his style, he has got us playing at least relatively better of late and he seems like a man with a plan. 6 signings in the window so far, two more to arrive tomorrow and the possibility of some of the McAllister money being invested in the side. Even 50k goes a long way at our level.

Rae was generally a horrible guy and has conducted himself as such in any interviews since leaving. That he's in the running for the Hartlepool job would be worrying for them. For a guy who played at a very good level his entire career as a combative midfield type, it was baffling that he couldn't pick one out to save his life! The squad we went with  at the start of the season was woefully imbalanced, too heavy with strikers and centre halves and most of us were concerned but hopeful.

We absolutely are where we deserve to be this season but I agree with the sentiment. In Scottish terms, we're a decent sized club and when you consider the two teams we're chasing down are part time, it's a horrendous state of mismanagement.

As for Clangers....well skip to 6:40 on this video to see where his career in goals ended (he's still here though as a coach and now second choice....just think, he imparts this knowledge on others!!)

Archived