Ollie Watkins - Signed for Brentford

Arsene Titman

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 17:13, Waffle said:

I spoke to an Exeter fan about a month ago who'd come up to watch them vs Mansfield. 

My job is public facing so in finding common ground, football came up and we spoke about Watkins who he believes can make the step up to our level.

He then spoke about Exeter's centre back Jordan Moore-Taylor who he reckoned was the hidden gem in the league. 

Are you a steward ? I agree on JMT but the player we should be looking at is David Wheeler.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Are you a steward ? I agree on JMT but the player we should be looking at is David Wheeler.

That player Wheeler is in my suggestions post in summer transfer suggestion thread. ?

12 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

That player Wheeler is in my suggestions post in summer transfer suggestion thread. ?

Great minds !  With Lee Holmes at Exeter, i would of thought he would be the ideal source for feedback on the young Exeter lads. Matt Oakley also at City. The two of them must still be big Derby fans and training with Watkins and Wheeler every day.

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Great minds !  With Lee Holmes at Exeter, i would of thought he would be the ideal source for feedback on the young Exeter lads. Matt Oakley also at City. The two of them must still be big Derby fans and training with Watkins and Wheeler every day.

If you listen carefully you may hear Matt Oakley still crying after the Billy Davies sacking.

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Would Lee Holmes look back that fondly on his Derby career? Didn't exactly go to plan....

9 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

I am off to the Carlisle v Exeter match on Sunday, i'll keep an eye out for Watkins see what he is like.

WCR keep your eyes out for David Wheeler and let me know what you think. 

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Wheeler is 26 and hasn't played at a higher level than Exeter.

I would say that Watkins at 21 is therefore the better prospect, though Bristol City are now being linked. For Watkins, Bristol will seem like Las Vegas.

If he ends up with you lot, for Watkins, Derby will seem like Beirut. 

17 minutes ago, Mitsiboy said:

If he ends up with you lot, for Watkins, Derby will seem like Beirut. 

No intention of dissing Exeter.

I live in Bristol and love travelling to Devon.

It's just ...young man, bright lights, Suspension Bridge - it's enough to turn his head.

The cider and local girls will turn his every extremity purple.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

No intention of dissing Exeter.

I live in Bristol and love travelling to Devon.

It's just ...young man, bright lights, Suspension Bridge - it's enough to turn his head.

The cider and local girls will turn his every extremity purple.

Fair enough then. To be honest, I'd be surprised if Bristol City are really in for him - they tend to get linked to any of our promising players, based on nothing more than their relatively close proximity to us. They are also supposed to be tracking Ethan Ampadu, who they have no chance of signing. 

Got told today that Ollie Watkins is definitely leaving Exeter City this summer. My source stated that It could be Villa, Brentford or Derby. I have asked him to find out by speaking to Ollie. As soon as he finds out ,I will put it on this forum.

5 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Got told today that Ollie Watkins is definitely leaving Exeter City this summer. My source stated that It could be Villa, Brentford or Derby. I have asked him to find out by speaking to Ollie. As soon as he finds out ,I will put it on this forum.

If that's the same source that told you Steve McClaren phoned Ollie on his mobile while he was getting a lift home from a team mate, best ignore him. Ollie is obviously leaving Exeter this summer, that's not news. 

2 minutes ago, Mitsiboy said:

If that's the same source that told you Steve McClaren phoned Ollie on his mobile while he was getting a lift home from a team mate, best ignore him. Ollie is obviously leaving Exeter this summer, that's not news. 

Lol that was funny the phone bit. :lol: 

Mitsiboy(Exeter City Fan), Why do you keep dismissing the idea that Ollie Watkins might come to Derby. Do you have any other information. You are constantly on this forum checking and looking for clues of where he might go. Do you go on Villa's forum looking for clues. I work near Newton Abbot, where Ollie Watkins currently lives. He is very pally with a squad player by the name of Connor Riley-Lowe(Leftback) who lives in Paignton. He was driving his car a few months back after a Exeter City home game. Ollie was in the car and whilst on the road Steve Mac did ring him. He had got permission off Tisdale, to check if he was keen on coming to Derby. Ollie said 'Yes'

Mac rang back to say he had spoken to Tisdale again and he replied by saying that he wanted £5m. Yes it all sounds farcical, but I was given this information by 2 people, one was the father of Connor and he was in the car with them when Mac phoned. He may not come to Derby, but this event did happen. The other person is a mate of Ollie who will try and find out who he will be joining. But Ollie DID tell him that he was leaving Exeter City this summer. 

8 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Mitsiboy(Exeter City Fan), Why do you keep dismissing the idea that Ollie Watkins might come to Derby. Do you have any other information. You are constantly on this forum checking and looking for clues of where he might go. Do you go on Villa's forum looking for clues. I work near Newton Abbot, where Ollie Watkins currently lives. He is very pally with a squad player by the name of Connor Riley-Lowe(Leftback) who lives in Paignton. He was driving his car a few months back after a Exeter City home game. Ollie was in the car and whilst on the road Steve Mac did ring him. He had got permission off Tisdale, to check if he was keen on coming to Derby. Ollie said 'Yes'

Mac rang back to say he had spoken to Tisdale again and he replied by saying that he wanted £5m. Yes it all sounds farcical, but I was given this information by 2 people, one was the father of Connor and he was in the car with them when Mac phoned. He may not come to Derby, but this event did happen. The other person is a mate of Ollie who will try and find out who he will be joining. But Ollie DID tell him that he was leaving Exeter City this summer. 

I'm certainly not dismissing the chance he may come to Derby. And I'm sure he will be off somewhere, come the summer. But to suggest Tisdale allowed the manager of a higher league team to personally call one of his star players part way through the season is ridiculous. It also fundamentally misunderstands Tis. He is many things but above most he is a proper chap. Things are done by the book. And for the record, while I have no inside track on any move for Ollie, I have worked at the club for 25 years and this is the least believable bit of gossip I've ever heard. 

Archived