You wouldn't put Apple on your pizza

David

34 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

You absolute weapon. 

Get off this forum. 

Bacon & Date????

Must admit the first time I tried bacon and dates (on their own, without the pizza) I thought it sounded pretty disgusting but it's actually bloody great. Basically a date with streaky bacon (the only kind of bacon they know over here) wrapped around it and placed in a hot oven. You should try it! The pizza also when I first tried I was a bit dubious (my wife too) but we order one nearly every time we buy various pizzas now. My sister tried it  the last time she came over and despite her initial sceptisism she loved it too.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyways,on the subject of weird eating/good stuffs,it's hard to beat stokies...

They insist on eating everything off tin plates and bizarrely,thinks it's acceptable to melt their cheese all over it...and don't get me started on their culinary favourite of the oatcake which,on my only experience of attempting to eat one,had all the flavour of an old mousemat and worse consistency.

my mate Dinesh, who used to run Dial A Meal, on Bakewell Street, used to do a tandoori chicken pizza that came with pineapple, which initially disgusted me, but ultimately turned out to be food for the gods, and something I miss now.

Pineapple is effectively the 'sweet' in sweet and sour. Apple and other fruits is not the same.

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

At the end of the day, they go hard when they get stale. So they're a cake.

Biscuits get soft. 

asfjdalsjfalsjflas.jpg

My knobs been stale since my 5yr anniversary, damn me for not tapping her forehead.

Never been hard since, is my member a biscuit or a cake?

The tax back would be limited compensation, mind.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

my mate Dinesh, who used to run Dial A Meal, on Bakewell Street, used to do a tandoori chicken pizza that came with pineapple, which initially disgusted me, but ultimately turned out to be food for the gods, and something I miss now.

Pineapple is effectively the 'sweet' in sweet and sour. Apple and other fruits is not the same.

I know dinesh from back in the day. The dial, blue note etc.

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

.and don't get me started on their culinary favourite of the oatcake which,on my only experience of attempting to eat one,had all the flavour of an old mousemat and worse consistency.

A nice plate of homemade vegetable soup with some oatcakes crumbled into it. Let stand for 10 mins until the oats have expanded and you can stand your spoon up in it. enjoy!!

7 hours ago, David said:

So why would you put pineapple on? Peasants.

Lemon Chicken?

Duck a l'orange or with plum sauce?

Turkey with cranberry?

Venison with redcurrant?

all good stuff (apart from Turkey, which is 5h1t).  

7 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Anyways,on the subject of weird eating/good stuffs,it's hard to beat stokies...

They insist on eating everything off tin plates and bizarrely,thinks it's acceptable to melt their cheese all over it...and don't get me started on their culinary favourite of the oatcake which,on my only experience of attempting to eat one,had all the flavour of an old mousemat and worse consistency.

North Staffordshire oatcakes are only acceptable when they've been lightly grilled (still soft) and wrapped round a well done rasher of back bacon with melted mature cheese.

Any other method of consuming them is wrong.

Its like a wrap for men....

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

North Staffordshire oatcakes are only acceptable when they've been lightly grilled (still soft) and wrapped round a well done rasher of back bacon with melted mature cheese.

Any other method of consuming them is wrong.

Its like a wrap for men....

My mate from Leek made me try a cheese n bacon oatcake, pre gf days obvs, it was just like eating bacon and cheese.

might as well of chucked the oat cake in the bin. 

Archived