Allo Allo

Stive Pesley

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

The actor who played the policeman was in Midsummer Murders last week kept waiting for him to mispronounce his lines.

You mean he played a police-moan?

'Allo 'Allo was terrific right up until Gordon Kate's accident in real life. Never understood quite why that changed everything (despite the massive scar across Rene's head) but it was never the same again.

40 minutes ago, ramit said:

Uhmm. pretty sure he died a number of years ago when a tree fell on him during a storm, or so it was reported in the other universe.  That or i have gone mad, again

red-pill-blue-pull-choice.jpg

He was in his driving his car in a storm when the gale blew a billboard into the windscreen. He was seriously hurt and in intensive care for a while but survived. Not sure whether he worked much after though.

allo allo was one of those programmes that went on for too many series IMO - funny at first and then repetitive.

27 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

He was in his driving his car in a storm when the gale blew a billboard into the windscreen. He was seriously hurt and in intensive care for a while but survived. Not sure whether he worked much after though.

allo allo was one of those programmes that went on for too many series IMO - funny at first and then repetitive.

The accident was around 1985 or 86 so he kept going with rene for a fair old while after.  Too long probably as you point out.

To its credit though I think the series tried to keep fresh by introducing new items which gradually became established. In later years there were the different resistance movements for example - communist and gaullist - which weren't in the early series'.

5 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Yes, right you are, thanks.

i loved this show, am a sucker for anything ww2, but yeah it probably went on too long.

That all the ladies were wild for Rene was more than a long standing joke, it was a devious social experiment of how far you can take suspension of disbelief. 

Good moaning! I was p***ing by the door when I heard two shats!

Loved 'Allo 'Allo, though I agree it did go on too long and ended up getting so silly it stopped being funny.

Sad to hear of the passing of the guy who played Rene, a fine character actor...can't imagine anyone else playing that role so well.

5 hours ago, ramit said:

Thanks for the link, had heard of this but not checked it out.  This explains why Leonard Nimoy has passed on three times already in my recollection

Well he is proper dead now. Him dying twice in Star Trek doesn't really count.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Well he is proper dead now. Him dying twice in Star Trek doesn't really count.

That's easy for you to say, then one morning i wake up in yet another universe and wham he's dead again and i have to endure another week of media remembrances

Archived