Amazon Echo and Rams Player

jcidaho

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, David said:

Kinda off topic, anyone figured out how to change Philips Hue light colour/scenes using the Echo?

Brightness is hit and miss as well, end up with a shopping list full of Living Room light 15 and Bedroom light 50 percents

I'm yet to move into lighting with my echo yet so I'll be interested to see how you sort this....

• 2 months later...
On 02/02/2017 at 18:57, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm yet to move into lighting with my echo yet so I'll be interested to see how you sort this....

Sorted, I bought a Google Home.

Far better than the Echo's, had no issues with it not understanding me or saying ok then doing nothing.

Cant believe how much better they are, as it anything at all and it will use the net to find an answer, instantly. 

You can also sync up multiple Homes so you can continue playing on a second device.

The only thing I don't like is there is no audible tone to say it's listening after you say Hey Google like the Echo, just the lights on the top spin, you just have to assume it's heard you which it has 10 times out of 10, give it a second then ask your question.

Sold my Echo Dot for £40 and Echo for £110 on eBay, the Google Home is £129.

1 hour ago, David said:

Sorted, I bought a Google Home.

Far better than the Echo's, had no issues with it not understanding me or saying ok then doing nothing.

Cant believe how much better they are, as it anything at all and it will use the net to find an answer, instantly. 

You can also sync up multiple Homes so you can continue playing on a second device.

The only thing I don't like is there is no audible tone to say it's listening after you say Hey Google like the Echo, just the lights on the top spin, you just have to assume it's heard you which it has 10 times out of 10, give it a second then ask your question.

Sold my Echo Dot for £40 and Echo for £110 on eBay, the Google Home is £129.

I'll bear that in mind...I'm into Google anyway but the echo came out first....Mind you i only got a dot and ran it through a shark speaker so i may try the home in the future.

Archived