Josh Gordon

BathRam72

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAMPIONSHIP side Derby County are reported to be tracking Stafford Rangers striker Josh Gordon

The 22-year-old attacker has been catching the eye for Evo-Stik Premier Division side Stafford Rangers this season.

Read more at http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/evo-stik-league-derby-county-tracking-stafford-rangers-striker/story-30071200-detail/story.html#RZZFJQ3GRY6yJ5I6.99

10 hours ago, Sir Ramalot said:

Probably because we have ambitions to progress and not experiment???..... seems pretty obvious to me

Leicester really messed up when they tried that Vardy experiment eh.... And remember when we got that Buxton chap. ..and Malcolm Christie...

Ok. The chances of success may be low but B4 is right.  Some come good and why not give them a chance in reserves first and see

Back the gaffer with lower league signings. A lot of Cloughie's did a job. 

There's no guarantees when you pay a big fee for a Premier drop out (see Weimann). If the gaffer rates a player, doesn't matter where they come from.

I'd prefer to experiment with some lower league signings than spend 3 million on Blackman and up to 6 million on Butterfield.

I keep saying this, but players like Rickie Lambert, Andre Grey, Charlie Austin, Rhodes, Tim Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Deli Ali etc etc, were all playing lower league football and someone took a chance. 

We could learn a lot.

3 minutes ago, Sir Ramalot said:

Yeh there's loads of Ian wrights that have made it.... just how long ago was that? 5,10 or 20 years ago?

See mackworthram post. Quite a few who have made it. DJ Campbell another who did a good job

Archived