Andi Weimann - Joined Wolves on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

52 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

I hope it's chance for him to kick-start his career again. I am a fan of his but he never really got a chance with us but then I don't think he was ever really a wide player. My memories of him at Villa were at his best through the middle. Hopefully he'll show what he can do at Wolves. 

Good luck to him I say. 

Interesting that it is lambert taking him but he did have wieman playing wide right at villa, we could only find opportunity at wide left.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I hate the term "Winger" in our 4-3-3 as it is incorrect.

Is Ince a winger?

No.... but you will probably call him one.

As for Vydra, the wider forward positions suit him better than the Number 9 role.

So its hardly turning him into something is it?

Bang on. Our system doesn't require wingers and never really has. They're playmakers. Most of the time receiving the ball to feet looking for clever passes to make 40 yards out. Very rare you'll see them with chalk on their shorts! The ultimate one that comes to mind - Simon Dawkins (I miss you, my friend)

1 minute ago, admira said:

Happy to move him on and get some game time under his belt.

If he does start performing, hopefully we've learned from the ridiculous recall clause  we have with Martin.

We wouldn't be able to recall him anyway until the end of the season - it has to be in a transfer window.

I might be in the minority but I liked him. He was arguably our first choice winger going into the season before his iniury. He brought something else to the squad and was very direct in terms of his running with and without the ball, something we have missed since Ward left. Good luck Andy

22 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Out on loan?

Ok maybe with a view to giving him exposure and get his mojo back, then make a decision in the summer on whether to keep him based on his performances.

Or at the moment with lack of play time his value is not great. If he performs at Wolves, his price will go up.

Great man management either way I say.

He could also have asked for this, given his lack of game time here.

I feel that we are looking to clear some salaries off the list , makes sense if we are looking at new players whether loans or permanent signings. 

12 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Bang on. Our system doesn't require wingers and never really has. They're playmakers. Most of the time receiving the ball to feet looking for clever passes to make 40 yards out. Very rare you'll see them with chalk on their shorts! The ultimate one that comes to mind - Simon Dawkins (I miss you, my friend)

Our attacking fullbacks are our wingers hence our struggles for the last few games.

14 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Big possibility.

If Russell were to leave aswell... I think we HAVE to sign another winger now. I would be happy with Russell & Camara for the rest of the season. But in the summer we have to improve this squad.

I'm surprised we've let him go to be honest we are lacking in decent wingers. Ibe loan would be less of a risk than spending money on Sako doubt we could pull that one off though.

Complete waste of money. Bang average and uninspiring except for that game at Hull.

We'd have been so much better off keeping Jamie Ward.

Simply didn't have the technique to play well out wide and he's not good enough to start as a lone-striker. Someone thought 'oh he's quick, we'll sign him' without taking into account technical attributess. He was a Pearson signing before Pearson was here - hence why he liked him so much in pre-season.

Seems like a nice enough guy and I wish him well, but like @RadioactiveWaste he is yet another player to add to the pile of those unable to improve on Johnny Russell. The next winger/wide forward brought to the club will probably be a Dawins type player, someone who can comfortably take control of the ball on the half way line and move inside with it.

Archived