• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

£55000?

Only one car in it

Alfa Romeo Giulia quadrifoglio saloon.

0 to 60 3.9 secs,190 mph top end

Absolutely gorgeous capable sports saloon,better than an m3,great specs and as nice to cruise in as to blast around.

Wish I could afford it but I'm limited to the lower spec versions...

Gorgeous car but at the end of the day, it's an Alfa with the rice paper build quality and nightmarish depreciation that comes with it.

Mrs Wolfie had a 12 plate fast Giulietta and it was fantastic to drive but within 2 years, interior trim was falling off and the electricals started failing. By the time she handed it back at 3 years old, we were glad to see the back of it's unreliability. Such a shame really.

I used to love the 159 but that had a similarly rubbish long term reputation.

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Gorgeous car but at the end of the day, it's an Alfa with the rice paper build quality and nightmarish depreciation that comes with it.

Mrs Wolfie had a 12 plate fast Giulietta and it was fantastic to drive but within 2 years, interior trim was falling off and the electricals started failing. By the time she handed it back at 3 years old, we were glad to see the back of it's unreliability. Such a shame really.

I used to love the 159 but that had a similarly rubbish long term reputation.

I think they turned the corner a long time ago....All cars have issues and my neighbour has had nightmares with the two brand new golf gti's he bought for himself and his wife.both needed new engines within a year and multiple other issues...he will never buy vw again.The vw Passat and golfs have terrible reliability ratings in the JD power surveys.

In comparison I've had several Alfa's which I've never had to touch between services...Fantastic cars.

And on the subject of depreciation,the top spec guilia is predicted to hold its value better than the comparative BMW or Mercedes.

I think that people are prone to believing old myths regarding certain brands whilst ignoring issues that so called premium German cars suffer from.

Most of the time it comes down to how you look after a car as they tend to be built with similar components as each other.

30 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think they turned the corner a long time ago....All cars have issues and my neighbour has had nightmares with the two brand new golf gti's he bought for himself and his wife.both needed new engines within a year and multiple other issues...he will never buy vw again.The vw Passat and golfs have terrible reliability ratings in the JD power surveys.

I think buying a VW depends on where you buy them from. I have a mate who bought a brand new GTD from Motorpoint for £7,500 less than the price he would have paid at Parkway on Pride Park. But he's had endless problems with his car. I paid £34,000 for my Golf R from Parkway and i've not had 1 problem in 2 years. 

I also bought my grandad the same car at the same time as me and he's not had any problems with his in 2 years. He said it's the best car he's ever driven in 55+ years of driving.

34 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I think buying a VW depends on where you buy them from. I have a mate who bought a brand new GTD from Motorpoint for £7,500 less than the price he would have paid at Parkway on Pride Park. But he's had endless problems with his car. I paid £34,000 for my Golf R from Parkway and i've not had 1 problem in 2 years. 

I also bought my grandad the same car at the same time as me and he's not had any problems with his in 2 years. He said it's the best car he's ever driven in 55+ years of driving.

That's the point I think...Car makers rarely make a series of bad cars nowadays but there is always the Friday car that slips through for any manufacturer or they are not looked after properly in the first instance.

4 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

what do you do for a living???

Archived