A fridge too far

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nottingham Forest are looking to sign the Spurs Head of Recruitment Paul Mitchell according to the Sun via the Nottingham Post.

The East Midlands club are on the bring of a takeover from a US consortium led by John Jay Moores with the new owners already starting to put their own structure in place at the club.

It has been reported that both Paul Mitchell and his assistant David Webb will take control of transfers at the club in the near future should they decide to leave the London club to make the move to the City Ground.

If Forest can appoint both Paul Mitchell and David Webb it will be a hugely impressive acquisition for a club who desperately need some good news to please frustrated fans.

The Reds are on a torrid run of form after losing again to Barnsley on Monday and fans will hope that the takeover can be completed as soon as possible before their season gets even worse.

On the pitch, the Reds were downed 1-0 by Paul Heckingbottom’s Barnsley at the City Ground in their last league match, which ultimately puts manager Philippe Montanier under serious pressure.

Mitchell and Webb?

Someone having a laugh?

artworks-000011990325-kt9bc9-t500x500.jp

David Chipperfield is, as I understand it, waiting in the wings. Alongside him is a guy in a clowns outfit - name of Calderwood. Next to him, a comedy dwarf, aka Wee Billy #unfinished business III. 

These guys are poised to be unveiled at the Circus Ring formerly known as the *hitty Ground sometime soon.  

Oh, the merriment is immense. 

28 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hull sack their manager just to get Rowett before forest do.

Still, Brad Bobley might be available.

Sorry for Phelan, but I'm sure he understands he's got to take one for the team. Rowett installed as favourite: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/hull-city/next-in-line-gary-rowett-early-favourite-to-become-new-hull-city-manager-1-8316088

For Rowett it's a win-win, getting Premier League experience and no one would blame him if he can't keep them up.

Meanwhile, according to the Daily Fail the Americans are getting really fed up with Fridgey: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-4085454/David-Beckham-s-new-year-s-peeve-bust-Ron-Dennis.html

"The American consortium who had been due to complete their takeover of Nottingham Forest long before this week's home defeat by Barnsley are understood to be fast running out of patience with the Championship club's Kuwaiti owner Fawaz Al Hasawi.

"John Jay Moores, former owner of Major League Baseball's San Diego Padres, and business partner Charles Noell have been in advanced talks about buying the club since last October but are now said to be exasperated with the unpredictable Al Hasawi 'changing the goalposts on a daily basis'."

Article continues...

6 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Yanks will pull out of this deal when they realise Fawaz is a complete and utter fruit loop. Would not surprise mw that the issues are to do with completing due diligence, after all they are umbongo right now.

I think Fawaz sanctioning a few outgoings and mis-accounting the fees could do it.

Could be a master stroke by the potential new owners though.

if they took over today the forest fans would expect them to give Lansbury a new 5 year contract, sign Burke back, spend 30mill on new players from the premier league and build them a new stadium, all inside the first 24hours.

they know if thy take over forest right at the end of the transfer window they can save a bit of money and not have to chuck it about just to win over the fans in the short term.

i hate to say it but I don't think forest will go down this season. A change of manager would see them good as there are three teams worse than them this season. They can save money for the summer and get the club organised which is what it needs.

If the Gumpover doesn't happen, Forest will in Administration before the end of the season, and the 10 point deduction will help their Division 3 ambitions perfectly.

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

If the Gumpover doesn't happen, Forest will in Administration before the end of the season, and the 10 point deduction will help their Division 3 ambitions perfectly.

Takeover talks collapse a few days before the window shuts, sparking exodus from the city ground....get a fiver on it, I read it in the tea leaves.

Well, I say tea leaves, I mean stood up, turned round, looked in the pan....

10 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think the LTLF forum would stage a mass suicide if that deal happened.

The feeling is mixed on there.  Some would snap RB's hands off (so would I tbf), while the rest are arguing the toss about who'll pocket the fee.  My money's on Uncle Fookwit...

Archived