Brendan Galloway

Arsene Titman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen Galloway play many times but Everton fans rate him very highly. They say the only reason why he doesn't get in their team is because of Baines of Oviedo, 2 international left backs. Galloway can also fill in at centre back. From the clips I have seen of him, he is very much in the Forsyth mold. Lowe and Olsson are both injury prone and we shouldn't rely on them. Anya does a job at left back but we aren't getting promoted with him there, the better teams would expose him and target him. Baird has admitted that he doesn't like playing left back and if I'm honest, he has made the right back position his to lose. Galloway on loan for the rest of the season makes sense.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I haven't seen Galloway play many times but Everton fans rate him very highly. They say the only reason why he doesn't get in their team is because of Baines of Oviedo, 2 international left backs. Galloway can also fill in at centre back. From the clips I have seen of him, he is very much in the Forsyth mold. Lowe and Olsson are both injury prone and we shouldn't rely on them. Anya does a job at left back but we aren't getting promoted with him there, the better teams would expose him and target him. Baird has admitted that he doesn't like playing left back and if I'm honest, he has made the right back position his to lose. Galloway on loan for the rest of the season makes sense.

Not really because we have another 2 players back after FA Cup game/Ipswich game so no point for another one in tbh. 

2 hours ago, bornandbredram94 said:

When's Thorney back?

When the moon is in full alignment with the gods 

2 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

A loan can do no harm... worst case scenario he doesn't play.

He might turn out to be better than any of our current LB's, in which case whether we need him is irrelevant because he'd be starting ahead of anyone else anyway...

Prem clubs have a habit on insisting on their players playing in about 80% of all games when available  which does hinder your own players game time.

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Not really because we have another 2 players back after FA Cup game/Ipswich game so no point for another one in tbh. 

Lowe and Olsson have proven to be hugely injury prone, neither have managed to pull together a run of games this season without a knock here or there, we need another player in the position until we're convinced of their long term fitness. A loan for a talented player like Galloway appears the best option

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Lowe and Olsson have proven to be hugely injury prone, neither have managed to pull together a run of games this season without a knock here or there, we need another player in the position until we're convinced of their long term fitness. A loan for a talented player like Galloway appears the best option

Agreed. And with Galloway he can cover CB whilst Rawson is loaned out so we still have 4 senior CBs

Archived