Ayurveda

Tony Le Mesmer

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Long shot but anybody here practise Ayurveda and it's lifestyle? Been reading about it and it all sounds plausible and something which I'm wanting to try and see where it takes me.

I've worked out that I'm kapha dosha primarily and everything that this type has is spot on with how I actually am.

I'm working out a way in which I can change my food habits to fit in with the ideology but just wondered if anyone is interested in it.

For the record I'm not indian or come from an ethnic background so it's not something I've been exposed to or heard much about in the past.

If yiu want a serious answer (boring I know :lol:) I'd never heard of it and  had to google it!

It looks like pseudoscience to me, but as with all this stuff, if you want to believe in it  then you can take whatever you want from it. At least there appears to be an acknowledgement that some bits of it are scientifically valid.

14 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

If yiu want a serious answer (boring I know :lol:) I'd never heard of it and  had to google it!

It looks like pseudoscience to me, but as with all this stuff, if you want to believe in it  then you can take whatever you want from it. At least there appears to be an acknowledgement that some bits of it are scientifically valid.

A serious answer?!! Weirdo!! :ph34r:

Just kidding Stive.

I think it will get me to think more about what foods suit me and what I'm putting in my body which I suppose has to be a good thing.

The interesting thing is that most , if not all of the foodstuffs my particular 'dosha' type is advising me to avoid are the ones I know cause me intolerance symptoms when I have them.

Which is what made me interested as also many of the foods recommended for me I've read about in the past as being beneficial. Especially the herbs and spices.

I know for a fact that turmeric can reduce cancer cells or potential cancer cells by nearly 30%. All you need to is sprinkle some on stir fries, curries or my mate just sticks two teaspoons full in a glass of water and necks it as he hates the taste. Now that IS weird.

9 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I know for a fact that turmeric can reduce cancer cells or potential cancer cells by nearly 30%. All you need to is sprinkle some on stir fries, curries or my mate just sticks two teaspoons full in a glass of water and necks it as he hates the taste. Now that IS weird.

If you mix it with black pepper the bodies uptake increases by almost 50%. Try it in yought

9 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

A serious answer?!! Weirdo!! :ph34r:

Just kidding Stive.

I think it will get me to think more about what foods suit me and what I'm putting in my body which I suppose has to be a good thing.

The interesting thing is that most , if not all of the foodstuffs my particular 'dosha' type is advising me to avoid are the ones I know cause me intolerance symptoms when I have them.

Which is what made me interested as also many of the foods recommended for me I've read about in the past as being beneficial. Especially the herbs and spices.

you are right its supposed to have cancer fighting effects along with many other things.

If you took a bit of everything you read you could have some right weird cocktails or smoothies going on.

As a side note i hadnt heard of this either so took time to google it, i glanced at the wikipedia page, i decided i couldnt be bother to read it all, but i did see this bit 'Unhealthy channels are thought to cause disease'.

I have therefore decided to cut down on my babestation viewing as a result :lol:

22 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Long shot but anybody here practise Ayurveda and it's lifestyle? Been reading about it and it all sounds plausible and something which I'm wanting to try and see where it takes me.

I've worked out that I'm kapha dosha primarily and everything that this type has is spot on with how I actually am.

I'm working out a way in which I can change my food habits to fit in with the ideology but just wondered if anyone is interested in it.

For the record I'm not indian or come from an ethnic background so it's not something I've been exposed to or heard much about in the past.

Never heard of it Tony but I've had a good read and it's interesting.

I could take on parts of it but I think getting a period of quiet meditation in my life is stretching a bit.

If I can swap that for a period of smashing my head into a brick wall in frustration we could be in(there are a few other exceptions tbh!).

The Ayurvedic approach is about aligning with the infinite organizing power of nature rather than struggling or trying to force things to go your way.  This principle is embodied by the Law of Least Effort

--> well that's me convinced, where do I sign up?

Archived