Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, inter politics said:

We have to be realistic and Ince is 26 and clearly ambitious. You have to sell assets at some point if you don't achieve success and it's probably the right time for him to be having a proper go in the top league.

At the right price I agree.

15 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

Overall,  what we need is weekly consistency like what  Bournemouth and Brighton have achieved in this league. To me and many others (Martin) he is not the player to do it and so many other players in the present team have proved to have  similar traits. Let Rowett get rid and build something with genuine character. Let's just rebuild with the players that have that character (yes I've said it twice to emphasise) to take us to the next level. 

You need quality too, Brighton have Knockheart and Bournmeouth had RItchie,

I see both sides. Ince has been very good this season, scored, worked hard. I do think however that we are seeing him at his very best so it's a good time to cash in if the rest of the team is dramatically culled and improved. 

The reality is we have very few premier league calibre players and we've managed to block the exposure of the talented youngsters. With respect tothe oft hurt King George,  Ince and Hughes are currently our only big assets.

Add to that, GR has mentioned he has several players that want to leave to better themselves and I'm guessing Ince and Hughes are two that must be fed up of the failure and mediocrity of this side and its manager(s). Report is prob true that we are dangling him out there, and I'd expect Hughes gone too;  GR will justify it by returnIng to his mantra of creating a tougher team. I personally think it's a mistake to lose either and I'd fight for my life to hold onto Will, but I don't think we can justify keeping them if they want to play higher.

14 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

another one that doesn't go to the matches with out rose tinted glasses

To be honest pal I think you're in a minority with your views. Most people can see what Ince brings to this team.

So the "rose tinted glasses" dig could be turned onto yourself for wearing "**** smeared glasses" no?

14 hours ago, Andicis said:

I think on the sulking it's the reason people dislike Ince and Martin. I think if they were these falsely upbeat players people would like them much more. 

Needs a sulky soundtrack does this thread. 

I won't be as miserable as Tom, when he's either here or gone. Have we sold Tom Ince yet?.....

13 hours ago, Andicis said:

You have nothing to back your point he's a prima donna.

His mannerisms and body language are the giveaways.

As for the apparent laziness - it's a bit late to watch him next match; if he is now going but if he stays and we play 433 then watch his position after a failed attack, compared to the left winger (usually JR), He is always stuck somewhere in the middle of nowhere, marking no one. The two players should be mirrored almost across the pitch positionally. Perhaps understanding and analysing the shape throughout a match is not everyone's forte but that is what good punters and Managers do and I wish some folks on here would try it  and not shout and take offence just because he is this weeks chosen one.

For the record I actually don't think he is lazy, I actually think that he is a poor positional player; (and hence why I want to be rid of him) on the flip side of this Johnny R is a great positional player but lacks the final ball. i.e. it's what folks like Ramage call a better football brain. That is why other clubs had problems with TI, he plays a fixed position poorly and that does not help the team as it pulls the team out of shape so the midfield has to defend early, which can result with quick break against a Derby attack.

14 hours ago, Andicis said:

Ince rotates since he can fulfill a number 10 and on the wing

Categorically he does not. If you sat next to the technical area as I do you can hear the managers (all of them) vent their frustration out on him nearly every match - these are the periods he looks lost and they are undeniable.

What Tom is good at, is being a great impact player because he does not need to concentrate on being in the right areas and just going for it.

BTW just how many air shots can you count from Russell and how many from Ince?

Finally, Let's face the facts this team have failed to deliver under numerous managers it is no use trying to rework the same problem; best tear it up and start afresh.

PS: buying him back on the cheap was tongue in cheek; they'll probably give him back

8 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

His mannerisms and body language are the giveaways.

As for the apparent laziness - it's a bit late to watch him next match; if he is now going but if he stays and we play 433 then watch his position after a failed attack, compared to the left winger (usually JR), He is always stuck somewhere in the middle of nowhere, marking no one. The two players should be mirrored almost across the pitch positionally. Perhaps understanding and analysing the shape throughout a match is not everyone's forte but that is what good punters and Managers do and I wish some folks on here would try it  and not shout and take offence just because he is this weeks chosen one.

Get off your high-horse, Pep. He's GIVEN the free role, he doesn't just do it. As was Bamford before him. And you say Bamford suited Derby at the time? He was a more extreme version of Ince! The furthest Ince drifts is into the channel! Bamford was here, there and everywhere with Hendrick having to help Wisdom out!

The right and left don't have the be symmetrical at all. Far from it. You'll find it quite common for it not to be. 

Just now, cannable said:

The right and left don't have the be symmetrical at all

ideally when you are being pressed back form an attack; that is best defensive shape and he wasn't in a free role as a winger; positionally that is well defined.

When he played behind the striker that was the free role

Archived