Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hendrick was the most sellable asset last season and people were happy to sell him for that money (I think we missed him massively) this season Ince is the most sellable asset the only concern ultimately is how the money is spent because we basically wasted the Hendrick money on the same day, different manager and hopfully a different result.

idealy we could move on the likes of Blackman camara anya olsson and Butterfield for what we paid for them but we won't be able to that will we? 

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Not sure its as simple as that Wolfie. Ince's skill and goal scoring is not in doubt, its more about if the team is better i suppose.

This is really what I was alluding to - have we weakened the whole, by upgrading one of the parts only to find that the new part has knocked a couple of others off their hinges.

It's possibly a self fulfilling prophecy - toms the only one playing well so the team game stops and the players simply pass to Tom to see what he can do with it. 

We should be using Matt Ritchie as the benchmark, Newcastle signed him for 12 million.  He was 26, had scored 31 goals in 129 games for Bournemouth according to Wikipedia...not all of those goals were in the championship either.

Tom Ince is 25, scored 25 goals in 83 games again according to Wiki....all of those goals were in the championship.

This is a hugely inflated market, so 12 million must be the absolute minimum.

8 hours ago, Andicis said:

I think on the sulking it's the reason people dislike Ince and Martin. I think if they were these falsely upbeat players people would like them much more. 

Wonder how many of the fans who dislike Ince + Martin for sulking would happily have renowned sulkers in Sanchez and Ronaldo. Sulkers are sulkers, doesn't matter how good they are does it? If it does matter then Martin + Ince are our better players so their sulking shouldn't matter.

22 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Wonder how many of the fans who dislike Ince + Martin for sulking would happily have renowned sulkers in Sanchez and Ronaldo. Sulkers are sulkers, doesn't matter how good they are does it? If it does matter then Martin + Ince are our better players so their sulking shouldn't matter.

Very good point.

Watching Ronaldo suck really annoys me, but I'd happily have him playing for Derby.

Only at Derby will you get fans wanting to get rid of top scorers and assist makers. Strewth it saddens me. Next time we clear a ball watch Ince. He's closing the opposition down and waving his arms trying to drag the team forward whilst the rest of them camp on our 18 yard box.

youd be better selling the rest and getting a new team to play to his standards not selling our best player and (what should have been) our POTY to play Medicare boring football. 

Ince has proved he's class, both before and more importantly whilst he's been at Derby. We would be putting our faith in Gary to spend the money wisely and build a better team, but he hasn't proved anything yet other than he can talk the talk.

selling Ince would be akin to getting rid of Martin, without the second chance.

if the paper talk is true we could get Hanley and Mooy or flint and Mooy for the money.

10 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Only at Derby will you get fans wanting to get rid of top scorers and assist makers. Strewth it saddens me. Next time we clear a ball watch Ince. He's closing the opposition down and waving his arms trying to drag the team forward whilst the rest of them camp on our 18 yard box.

youd be better selling the rest and getting a new team to play to his standards not selling our best player and (what should have been) our POTY to play Medicare boring football. 

Ince has proved he's class, both before and more importantly whilst he's been at Derby. We would be putting our faith in Gary to spend the money wisely and build a better team, but he hasn't proved anything yet other than he can talk the talk.

selling Ince would be akin to getting rid of Martin, without the second chance.

if the paper talk is true we could get Hanley and Mooy or flint and Mooy for the money.

I think you're ignoring the situation we find ourselves in - we've overpaid for average players (money we'll almost certainly struggle to recoup) and we're up against the buffers of FFP (if reports are to be believed). If Rowett wants to overhaul the squad (as he's intimated), we may have to sell Ince or Hughes (or both of them) to give him the room to manoeuvre. That's not a case of wanting to sell, but possibly having to.

I'd love us to keep Ince & Hughes and for Mel to splurge another £50M on players to fit around them - but we simply can't do that - and we also don't know whether Rowett sees his team playing with those sort of players - as has been suggested, he may want a more workman-like side in which case, they may both be considered luxuries...

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

I think you're ignoring the situation we find ourselves in - we've overpaid for average players (money we'll almost certainly struggle to recoup) and we're up against the buffers of FFP (if reports are to be believed). If Rowett wants to overhaul the squad (as he's intimated), we may have to sell Ince or Hughes (or both of them) to give him the room to manoeuvre. That's not a case of wanting to sell, but possibly having to.

Have you got some links for those reports? I haven't seen that anywhere and would be keen to read them

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

The difference is both Sanchez and Ronaldo are world class players.

Now we might have a chance of promotion with them pair in the team,  erm where is Mel! :lol:

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I don't understand why people have a problem with it in general...

Martin complains when people don't give him the ball - Personally I rather LIKE a player who wants to ball so much that he berates his team every time he doesn't get it - Over 3/4 seasons nobody in the team seemed to take it personally so obviously it wasn't affecting team morale

Ince on the other hand I also like when he gets angry - Cos mostly it seems to be at himself - And huge amounts of the time the effect of him getting angry seems to be that he then runs like a whippet back down the pitch chasing the ball he just lost to try and get it back or stop the bad things happening - I quite like that attitude in a player too

In summary - No sale thanks

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

I'd love us to keep Ince & Hughes and for Mel to splurge another £50M on players to fit around them - but we simply can't do that - and we also don't know whether Rowett sees his team playing with those sort of players - as has been suggested, he may want a more workman-like side in which case, they may both be considered luxuries...

Smacks of why we bought Clough in.

Reduce the squad/wages bring in new younger talent.

And so the wheel turns

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Have you got some links for those reports? I haven't seen that anywhere and would be keen to read them

Both Mel and Rush were asked a number of times if we were within FFP (which they confirmed we were). In the 2015/16 accounts we were within £4M of the limit and have since spent quite a considerable amount on players (and employed and then sacked several managers and their backroom staff (and a Chief Exec)).

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-chief-sam-rush-discusses-challenges-facing-rams-on-and-off-the-field/story-30244209-detail/story.html

It's hard to imagine we are in any way in a better financial position now than we were when the latest accounts were published and that means substantial payments for new players needs to be balanced against what we can bring in....

I haven't been able to read the whole thread since it was rebumped so don't know if this has already been said. Selling Ince  (or Hughes for that matter) for me is like when we sent Martin out on loan. The manager (if it's true that 1 or both are going) doesn't feel that they fit into his plans, or that the money gained from their sales could be used to improve the team as a whole. The problem with the Martin debacle was that the player, or players if you include Anya, brought in weren't either good enough or other players were needed to compliment them. Rowett has got the whole summer to do his trading. If he sells quickly and uses the money wisely then nobody will give a monkey's if we're fighting for promotion come April/May next year. Pearson I would hope had a plan. Maybe he thought that the players we had would be able to at least challenge in this league, or maybe he just left it too late (if the latter why the hell did he sanction a last minute loan?). We really do have to let Rowett get on with it. He will live or die by his decisions. Nobody wants to see good players sold. I've been supporting Derby since the mid 60s and have seen many favourites move on. Hopefully I'll see many more. The important thing is that the team improves, both as a whole and as individuals. Sometimes we have to lose our Wrights and Saunders, or even our Kevin Wilsons. I'll be worried if come the close of the transfer window we have sold our best players and brought in absolutely nobody. Until then I'll give Gary the benefit of any doubt.

58 minutes ago, toddy said:

The difference is both Sanchez and Ronaldo are world class players.

Now we might have a chance of promotion with them pair in the team,  erm where is Mel! :lol:

thats my point though, people moan about Ince + Martin for sulking regardless of how good they are but purely down to their 'attitude' - so surely that same thought applies to anyone who moans/sulks regardless of how good they are as both Ince + Martin at our level are top quality and consistent.

Archived