Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

Jordan Ibe, younger & hungrier. Personally this sell ince for £15 million, buy Ibe for around 7 million. Rest is to invest in the squad 

No chance Ibe is going for anywhere near £7 million, he was signed for £15 million and Bournemouth won't take an £8million loss in one season.

17 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No chance Ibe is going for anywhere near £7 million, he was signed for £15 million and Bournemouth won't take an £8million loss in one season.

Loan move is more realistic and would suit us better 

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Just a thought and shoot me down for heresy, but as a team we were something like 30 odd goals down on last season  (thought I saw that in another post).

Is it possible that losing Tom might be in the better interests of the team as a whole? In terms of generating a more team based style. 

After all - he isn't really a winger in the conventional sense.

The reason we were 30 odd goals down last season is because we loaned out our best striker who's goals and assists tend to be in the 20's. That's not even taking into account his all round play that helps us attacking-wise.

If we hadn't had Ince, that decision could have resulted in us being relegated.

Ask yourself have we moved forward since ince and bent came ,answer is no, because if we had we would be up .We had ward n Dawkins and has he done better than them two , if the price is right he will be gone .Selling Ince would probably allow to rebuild 

18 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

The reason we were 30 odd goals down last season is because we loaned out our best striker

18 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

If we hadn't had Ince, that decision could have resulted in us being relegated

Utter tosh.

Ince fluffed more than he scored (you must remember how many air kicks?) and didn't pass too. He played the team out of shape most of the time and cannot play with a wing back (Uh... I should be there; bottom lippy!), he certainly does not know what an overlap is. I am sure that if we had have played Russell there, in, what is actually his better position, we may have had a confident Russell scoring a pot full more and we could then have developed our other two left wingers. But we had to play Ince.

Martin is a genius when he turns up and when he doesn't go down the mister predictable route and then do his histrionics and get lazy, he also can only play in a certain shape so it makes the team ineffective if we have to counter the opposition's team's tactics.

Overall,  what we need is weekly consistency like what  Bournemouth and Brighton have achieved in this league. To me and many others (Martin) he is not the player to do it and so many other players in the present team have proved to have  similar traits. Let Rowett get rid and build something with genuine character. Let's just rebuild with the players that have that character (yes I've said it twice to emphasise) to take us to the next level. 

7 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Utter tosh.

Ince fluffed more than he scored (you must remember how many air kicks?) and didn't pass too. He played the team out of shape most of the time and cannot play with a wing back (Uh... I should be there; bottom lippy!), he certainly does not know what an overlap is. I am sure that if we had have played Russell there, in, what is actually his better position, we may have had a confident Russell scoring a pot full more and we could then have developed our other two left wingers. But we had to play Ince.

Martin is a genius when he turns up and when he doesn't go down the mister predictable route and then do his histrionics and get lazy, he also can only play in a certain shape so it makes the team ineffective if we have to counter the opposition's team's tactics.

Overall,  what we need is weekly consistency like what  Bournemouth and Brighton have achieved in this league. To me and many others (Martin) he is not the player to do it and so many other players in the present team have proved to have  similar traits. Let Rowett get rid and build something with genuine character. Let's just rebuild with the players that have that character (yes I've said it twice to emphasise) to take us to the next level. 

So what your saying is get rid of Ince and Martin. Then play Russell on the right and we will be a better team? 

Can I have what you've been smoking! ?

12 minutes ago, falconram said:

Ask yourself have we moved forward since ince and bent came ,answer is no, because if we had we would be up .We had ward n Dawkins and has he done better than them two , if the price is right he will be gone .Selling Ince would probably allow to rebuild 

Simple answer is yes he has. Ince 25 goals in 83 games - Ward & Dawkins between them 33 in 175 games

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Can I have what you've been smoking! ?

Yes it's called reality; fresh air.

If you had read what I said and thought about it, I said we would have ended up with more goals and perhaps a more balanced and compact team; guessing you don't see this in the  matches you watch.

I am saying what some folks don't want to hear and why we have missed out on promotion, for what seams endlessly;  these players  are nearly players in this situation and not good enough to take us up there. What does Rowett say - Not hard enough? They are part of the reason for failure; get rid and rebuild - we  owe them nothing. We cannot afford to have players in this league that are not 100% committed for all of the match in every game.

I think Ince, and Hughes while we are at it, are as footballers considered pretty. I have never gained the impression that Gary likes pretty. He likes efficiency. Can't see Ince staying personally. Can't see it being pretty next season either. Probably will be efficient though.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have never gained the impression that Gary likes pretty. He likes efficiency. Can't see Ince staying personally. Can't see it being pretty next season either. Probably will be efficient though.

You don't tend to get pretty and effective on a budget though do you? So I reckon he chose effective over pretty.

45 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Simple answer is yes he has. Ince 25 goals in 83 games - Ward & Dawkins between them 33 in 175 games

Not sure its as simple as that Wolfie. Ince's skill and goal scoring is not in doubt, its more about if the team is better i suppose.

Would be a shame to lose the only player who is arguably Premier League quality in our side. But, like any departure, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Someone very astutely mentioned the Idiakez/Smith departures. I can remember thinking the season had ended. As we found out, it ended up being the beginning of something...

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Would be a shame to lose the only player who is arguably Premier League quality in our side. But, like any departure, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Someone very astutely mentioned the Idiakez/Smith departures. I can remember thinking the season had ended. As we found out, it ended up being the beginning of something...

The beginning of five years of awful football with workmanlike players.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You don't tend to get pretty and effective on a budget though do you? So I reckon he chose effective over pretty.

I wasn't digging at Gary. Your point is of course fair, but my opinion remains the same that Gary prefers substance to style, money or no money.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Not sure its as simple as that Wolfie. Ince's skill and goal scoring is not in doubt, its more about if the team is better i suppose.

Agreed but the poster asked if Ince had done any better than Jamie and Dawkins. Based solely on games played and goals scored then clearly he has. 

Archived