David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I don't understand the logic behind this one at all.

Think the most logical explanation is to send a message out to Fulham that we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket. ie If they insist on playing hard ball as regards CM then we'll actively look elsewhere and gladly take him and the £3 million in the summer.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look...when the fee says "up to £3m"...that does not mean we are forking out £3m. Its probably a million plus other fees like goals and promotion. Nugent is a box player. Very crafty with darting runs. Hes one of them players I hate us playing against. Maybe worth a gamble.

17 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

I would do a deal involving shackell as he's a high earner to be on the bench. We have Rawson for that. 

I wouldn't want to see Camara go as he's been the only one out of him, Russell and Camara who have looked a threat. 

Of the three people you mention, at least two appear to be Camara...

40 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

when was that then?

Pretty sure you're making up lies. My recollection is that we wouldn't pay the money.

A couple of weeks after joining Portsmouth, we was still rumoured to be in for him. Redknapp publicly stated the player is free to find a new club, yet Nugent was never arsed whenever we shown any form of interest.

How is that a lie? This is a fact and it happened in 2007.

5 minutes ago, Papahet said:

A couple of weeks after joining Portsmouth, we was still rumoured to be in for him. Redknapp publicly stated the player is free to find a new club, yet Nugent was never arsed whenever we shown any form of interest.

How is that a lie? This is a fact and it happened in 2007.

so rumours then? no actual facts? No bid ever accepted.

PistoldPete2
16 minutes ago, Steve How Hard!!! said:

Think the most logical explanation is to send a message out to Fulham that we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket. ie If they insist on playing hard ball as regards CM then we'll actively look elsewhere and gladly take him and the £3 million in the summer.

agreed.. if its true of course.

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

agreed.. if its true of course.

Hope so, their stance is ridiculous and we shouldn't just roll over for them as much as I want CM back. They shafted us initially by taking him on loan with a view to buy. If he'd been a complete flop for them, they would have gladly handed him back to us by now. 

1 hour ago, neil62uk said:

scored goals  where ever hes been  Bury  ,Preston , Portsmouth  Burnley ( loan )   .  Fester  ,  and Boro    at total of 145 goals in 461 matches  ..   of Which most of his goals have come in the CHAMPIONSHIP   :thumbsup:   

On 19 March 2007, following much speculation after Steve McClaren confirmed he had been watching Nugent, David was called into the full England squad to replace the injured Darren Bent of Charlton Athletic. ( OH THE IRONY  ) 

On 28 March 2007, Nugent made his debut as a late substitute for England in a UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying match against Andorra in Barcelona. He marked the occasion by scoring the final goal in a 3–0 win in the 93rd minute

wouldnt mind him at Derby   TBH  :)

My nan could have scored that goal against Andorra and she's dead..

not for me this one.

2 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

My nan could have scored that goal against Andorra and she's dead..

not for me this one.

my gran laid the pass on for her   and she ,s dead       died in the celebration of the goal v Andorra   ...    shes never been capped since

So let me get this straight, we bank 1.5 rising to 2 million for a keeper who is not only third choice, not only 33 but also in his last 6 months of his contract. But, Nugent who is a proven forward at this level, a real menace isn't worth a deal rising to 3 million? 

Jesus....

We spent 25 mil in Mels first real transfer window.

Followed by 5ish million in jan

Followed by 12 million in the summer.

42 million in total, which is mental!

if only when we started spending the money we said balls to buying lots of squad players, let's go all out, sign McCormack and Rhodes, Matt Ritchie and Charlie Austin.

We had a decent keeper, Decent defence and a midfield the envy of the championship.

I reckon we would be playing premiership footy right about now.

4 minutes ago, Milbs said:

So let me get this straight, we bank 1.5 rising to 2 million for a keeper who is not only third choice, not only 33 but also in his last 6 months of his contract. But, Nugent who is a proven forward at this level, a real menace isn't worth a deal rising to 3 million? 

Jesus....

That's right. He isn't worth £3m..

Archived