David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/11/2017 at 12:33, PodgeyRam said:

I'm not so sure about that. Weimann for sure, but not necessarily Blackman.

By all accounts (including the players), Blackman is incredible in training. Has the physical attributes and the technical ones. I suspect it's a mental block that is lacking a bit there and we all know how quickly those barriers can come tumbling down.

Vydra on the other hand, I don't think is as quick, strong or technically as good. Still better than Weimann though, but his recent appearences are beginning to make me doubt that.

Add to this the fact that Vydra needs to reinvent himself as winger, or buck up fast in learning that lone striker role - McClaren won't wait for him forever and by the summer he could find himself behind Blackman, Bent, Martin and Nugent in the pecking order (he's already behind two of them).

I agree. When Blackman has played he is quick skillful on the ball can pass ... it's just his finishing which has been beyond horrendous. Blackman and Vydra both very good but off the boil players that mcclaren can't fit in his rigid system. 

19 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Blackman and Vydra both very good but off the boil players that mcclaren can't fit in his rigid system. 

Good to hear it's Mac's fault that Blackman and Vydra can't cut it out on the pitch (where it actually counts btw)!

13 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

As I recall he made derogatory remarks about Derby when we tried to sign him a few years ago

Do you have ACTUAL proof that he made derogatory remarks about Derby?

As far as I'm aware, Derby bid for Nugent a month into his time at Portsmouth, and he even said himself he wanted to join Derby as Billy Davies was the manager, but he later sat down with then Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp and decided it was best to stay where he was, something Nugent even confirmed himself last week in his interview on RamsPlayer.

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

When he plays he will have my full support, regardless of my personal thoughts about the guy.  There you see, I am getting over it! OK?

Alas, I can no longer go to my mother's for dinner.

I wasn't specifically having a go at you, just the idea that anyone would still be annoyed with Nugent after some comments he made years ago.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My mum called me a useless, irresponsible manchild when I was in my early 20's but I still go round for dinner some weekends. Get over it.

My mum thinks that about you too, but she doesn't want you round for dinner thanks...

29 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You have left me an open goal there but I am going to let it go...

I merely assumed you were better than a simple "your mum" joke...

Then again if you don't take the chances when you're through on goal you may as well not be on the pitch... Just ask our Matej after Friday...

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

Well it seems I am harbouring a bit of an unfair judgement on our new striker.  OK I will let it drop and give him my full support, but he will always be "Emily" to me.  Those aged 50 + will know what i mean. 

I read your post about not liking him and I agreed with you, my reason was purely petty but at the time I was raging! It was when we were playing Leicester at home and Bucko was running to shield a ball out for a goal kick and he came behind him and pushed him in the back causing Bucko to stumble and touch the ball which resulted in a corner kick. We all called for a foul, ref didn't.They duely took it and somehow it hit Grant on the backside and they scored. However he will get my full support here as I  want the whole team to do well and him too now he is part of DCFC, I also will continue to call him Emily until he scores lots of goals for us, then he might get an upgrade to Ted if he's lucky.

11 hours ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I read your post about not liking him and I agreed with you, my reason was purely petty but at the time I was raging! It was when we were playing Leicester at home and Bucko was running to shield a ball out for a goal kick and he came behind him and pushed him in the back causing Bucko to stumble and touch the ball which resulted in a corner kick. We all called for a foul, ref didn't.They duely took it and somehow it hit Grant on the backside and they scored. However he will get my full support here as I  want the whole team to do well and him too now he is part of DCFC, I also will continue to call him Emily until he scores lots of goals for us, then he might get an upgrade to Ted if he's lucky.

So you're upset with him for a bit of gamesmanship...? Do you also not like Ince for going down too easily to win penalties against Wolves/Rotherham?

I know what you mean about some players/people just do something that are hard to forget, however small. But it's ok to support our player. I'm glad you've come round

Archived