Derby fans big boozers

DerbyMark

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DerbyMark said:

Prefer Pedigree if it's kept right. On a session it's normally wiser to stick with the old rental beer, as you call it lol 

p.s who's out tonight for the Leeds game?

Burton legend used to have it that Ped was no good any more than 11 miles from the middle of Burton.

With my advanced years Smiths, Fosters etc have me p*ssing like a seaside donkey. Or maybe its buying two at a time that does it.

5 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Burton legend used to have it that Ped was no good any more than 11 miles from the middle of Burton.

With my advanced years Smiths, Fosters etc have me p*ssing like a seaside donkey. Or maybe its buying two at a time that does it.

It could well be lol

I reckon Burton legend is about right..it don't travel well, not even 11 miles up the 38! 

Very few landlord's seem to know how to keep it... I remember the Crown at Spondon used to keep a good pint of Pedi when I worked at Celenese, but that was years ago.

Best pint I ever had was on a visit to Bass's Brewery, funnily enough...

Depends on where you live and travelling time to away games. Many a time the bus would leave at 8 to get to a pub at opening time at 11. The bus involved vodka / thunderbird / rum / whisky etc.

Looking back, there used to be pubs open early for the night shift workers and we used to grab a few pints prior to the bus leaving at 8....... things you do when you are young.......

13 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Used to have a pint of bass in the old bass museum at burton after work back in the day...the best pint of bass you could ever hipr fpt...perfect!

My Dad always said a good pint of Bass should never have a head on it just what he called a scum floating on the top, when he said scum I don't think he was talking about a forest fan I think he meant a very thin head you could see the beer through.

8 hours ago, 1of4 said:

My Dad always said a good pint of Bass should never have a head on it just what he called a scum floating on the top, when he said scum I don't think he was talking about a forest fan I think he meant a very thin head you could see the beer through.

He was probably talking about both...

6 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

The Brewing Museum is why Burton doesn't need a cathedral.

Do you go in the White Horse much, out of interest?

I used to go in there a fair bit but it seemed to get repeatedly taken over on a weekend by strange ginger haired folk in kilt's and 'Clan Derby' T-shirts, blowing bagpipes..

It's since become a Mod pub I believe..

I vaguely recall drinking one morning, followed by one afternoon, followed by one evening, before boarding a coach outside Pride Park in the early hours of the next morning to carry on as I'd done the day before and it all got a bit messy when more booze was shared around the coach including a bottle of peppered vodka. Anyway it all got supped on route to Birmingham Airport where we all carried on drinking before kicking a ball about in the departure lounge before flying on to Finland to enjoy the Finland/Estonia pre season friendlies which included carrying on the drinking for the following week, I suppose you have to do something in-between the football matches, and ermmmm I think all the art galleries and museums were shut!

On 16/01/2017 at 18:27, Inverurie Ram said:

I vaguely recall drinking one morning, followed by one afternoon, followed by one evening, before boarding a coach outside Pride Park in the early hours of the next morning to carry on as I'd done the day before and it all got a bit messy when more booze was shared around the coach including a bottle of peppered vodka. Anyway it all got supped on route to Birmingham Airport where we all carried on drinking before kicking a ball about in the departure lounge before flying on to Finland to enjoy the Finland/Estonia pre season friendlies which included carrying on the drinking for the following week, I suppose you have to do something in-between the football matches, and ermmmm I think all the art galleries and museums were shut!

Pisshead..?

Archived