Derby fans big boozers

DerbyMark

I was thinking about this this morning..

Couldn't go to West Brom but I knew from past experience that there would be a lot of blokes already down there on the piss, hours before kick off.

Now I know we ain't unique in this respect, but our lot have gotta be up there among the biggest bunch of pissheads in all four divisions...and always have been.

Or maybe it's just me...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

If you read it I said I know we are not unique...

And Angry Ram...just me then!

Not saying it's anything glorious, was just an observation.

I think you're right mate. Other clubs may have more hooligans than us but Derby have always had a huge mob of drinkers....the blokes i've met over the years who travel just for the day out, the session, the beers on the train or in the town were playing in,......

were Derby County, we drink where we want......:D

10 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

If you read it I said I know we are not unique...

And Angry Ram...just me then!

Not saying it's anything glorious, was just an observation.

I've traveled away with a few London clubs in my time. Derby are not unique, every club has fans who enjoy the whole day so to speak. 

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

You can rule out any team south of Birmingham for a start. Shandies don't count.

Due to having family there, (on her side) back in the 70s and 80s, I've been to a lot of Plymouth Argyll games. Be assured, them, and me, were doing our fare share! 

On 08/01/2017 at 11:36, JoetheRam said:

You can rule out any team south of Birmingham for a start. Shandies don't count.

Too true, too true. I have watched rugby at Twickenham and all you can buy there is Vimto and home-made lemonade.

I have several mates who support London clubs and I can't think of a one who isn't completely tee-total.

Archived