Razza Camara

Arsene Titman

3 hours ago, toddy said:

How the hell this player is allowed to put on a Derby County is beyond me -a winger the speed of Linford Christie and the football ability of a 3 year old -  truly a talentless winger.

Last night performance was possibly the worst I had seen an individual play in a Derby shirt!

Come on. He's brilliant he put a cross in last week that we scored from! Joking. He's useless no footballing brain and just runs into players and can't pick a pass. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Supermac said:

Maybe Clement got the wrong Camara! It seems he got the wrong Ollson, looks like he wanted Martin not Marcus. Not difficult to disagree either.

Canara got to go for me, would give Wiemann a shirt over him all day long.

Should have got a Nikon, we would have got more use from it.

None of Weimann, Camara, Anya (and Vydra) have yet shown why you pick them over Johnny, which is saying something! That something is probably what a waste of money. But Camara is still learning the English game, he's hardly played over here. What excuse do the others have?

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We need a left winger and have done for 2 years. 

I just watched the end of Football Focus with their tribute to Graham Taylor with lots of clips of Cally in his Watford days - now I know he's been ill and is carrying a bit more timber these days, but even so, I'm pretty sure he could do a better job than any of our current left-sided players.....

I get that people want to defend Camara and it's true that it was a tough game to shine in last night. The problem is that he completely failed to adjust his game to suit the way the match went. We were under immense pressure throughout the first half, we desperately needed to keep hold of the ball, yet every single time he received it it was the same old head down, run into trouble, fall over routine. There's the option to play back to the full back or centre back, midfielders did make overlapping runs for him a couple of times and were ignored.

I can't help feeling we need to stop tarring players because they had a bad game. Leeds out thought us. Team selection wasn't right, apart from Ince and Carson it looks like they all had an off night. Camara may not be a genius but he is a good lad with a turn of pace and the ability to beat a man. All this hyperbole like "should never wear the shirt" is barking mad. He was effective against WBA and usually, as an impact sub, has looked dangerous. It's a question of picking the right man in a team set up to combat a set of circumstances. We got it wrong last night and Leeds played well. Razza is a Stanley knife. Last night we needed a power saw.

for heavens sake .. We lost one nil, away from home against a team close to us in the league. Yes given our squad and the optimism after the cup game, we rightly hoped for better but we didn't get hammered, we just miscalculated. 

Very tough on the lad. Every time he got the ball he was sent infield with no one in a derby shirt helping him with an angle or option to pass to. Or was surrounded by Leeds players who suffocated him out of the game. Think he'd have worked better with Hughes who is always hungry and comfortable to receive the ball. Can hardly say Vydra did any better, and that's not a dig at him. Out of position on the left!

With our squad I think a tweak of formation is needed to get players playing in more comfortable positions with a 4•2•3•1 more suited to what's available.

(Vydra, Anya, Weimann nor Blackman are NOT left wingers, so why play them there then crucify them. They're our players for the foreseeable so let's see if we can use them more effectively.

Carson

Baird\Christie.            Keogh.                Pearce.             Ollson\Forsyth

DE Sart\Butterfield                 Hughes\Johnson

Anya\Weimann.                Ince\Vydra\Blackman            Camara\Russell

Bent\Nugent\(Martin?)

I think this formation would allow players to play in more natural positions. You could argue that Ince should be on the right and Weimann down the middle. Although Ince is playing well, I feel he could really thrive through the middle supporting the lone striker as could Vydra or Blackman

With a bench of those above (as I've named two or three in several positions) plus the likes of Shackell Bryson and Hanson to add to that.

We've been unbalanced for a while now and I pray for a natural leftback to be fit again and i'm sure the performances and results will take an upwards turn. 

I'd only add the following provisos to that @Stowmarket Ram

1) Johnson is better as a loan DM so I have my doubts 

2) Ince does work supporting a loan striker but no way in every game and he has been exceptional on the right in recent games .. There has to be an element of if it isn't broken then don't fix it

3) if Blackman is every going to work then he has to be the loan striker with a No 10 supporting him. He can't keep a ball for toffee 

4) wouldn't Weiman be an option in the middle supporting loan striker or indeed Will Hughes. ? 

Personally I'd stick with a single DM and effectively do a 4141 as an alternative to our usual set up. 

7 hours ago, toddy said:

How the hell this player is allowed to put on a Derby County is beyond me -a winger the speed of Linford Christie and the football ability of a 3 year old -  truly a talentless winger.

Last night performance was possibly the worst I had seen an individual play in a Derby shirt!

Do you watch games with your eyes shut mate? 

Have to admit, he is tactically very naive. But he comes from France so no big surprise. And he probably is just starting to understand English (?), at least something can be done from now on.

Either sell him or educate him. We could do with winger who'd be able to release the pressure by bringing the ball up. If he learnt how to defend and take care of the ball, he would do for me.

So long road ahead, but achievable improvements to be made.

Absolutely terrible on Friday night... Ran into trouble time and again instead of releasing the ball early... His tracking back was almost non existent leaving Hanson exposed against 2 players and when he did track back he may as well not have done...

He's an absolute luxury in this league and I don't see him having a long term future as a starter... Russell, Weimann and even Anya give us more...

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Absolutely terrible on Friday night... Ran into trouble time and again instead of releasing the ball early... His tracking back was almost non existent leaving Hanson exposed against 2 players and when he did track back he may as well not have done...

He's an absolute luxury in this league and I don't see him having a long term future as a starter... Russell, Weimann and even Anya give us more...

A luxury player he is not... he certainly isn't..... a hinderence is probably a better description

23 minutes ago, Sir Ramalot said:

A luxury player he is not... he certainly isn't..... a hinderence is probably a better description

In the system we play and in the league we play in I would mostly agree... That position needs to be able to track back and cover against marauding defenders... Even the slower. more defensive minded defenders (Baird?) provide a decent attacking threat in this league... 

However if we could afford to stick a winger on the halfway line and let him do his own thing I think Camara would be great... I mean if we could afford to do that I'd rather let Ince do it... But still, he could...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived