Razza Camara

Arsene Titman

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abdoul Camara has only played 183 minutes of Championship football for Derby County so far this season, but did manage to get an assist against West Brom in the FA Cup.

Manager Steve McClaren obviously has other preferences for his Derby side, and that will leave Camara frustrated. The 26 year old joined the Championship club from Angers in the summer and probably hasn’t had the start to his Derby career that he would have wished for.

On Thursday French newspaper L’Equipe report that Camara is being ‘courted by several clubs’ in France. Two of those are named as Montpellier and Toulouse, mid table Ligue 1 teams which would be attractive.

However, Camara isn’t said to be interested at this stage and wants to ‘impose’ himself at Derby.

In the short term the player’s aims are to convince McClaren to pick him more often and then produce the goods for Derby when given the opportunity to do so.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/derby-county-player-courted-several-clubs-france-wants-impose/

Basically rehashes a L'Equipe article.

On 11/01/2017 at 19:46, reveldevil said:

What goes on your private life's is no business of mine!

Back on topic, I've just googled him and  apparently he's the under 21's Dutch Cap.

You googled me? Delete your search history mate.

How the hell this player is allowed to put on a Derby County is beyond me -a winger the speed of Linford Christie and the football ability of a 3 year old -  truly a talentless winger.

Last night performance was possibly the worst I had seen an individual play in a Derby shirt!

Leeds had him tactically sussed. They never let him go on the outside always forcing him to run in field whereby he lost the ball. One on one against the full back he is dangerous but he never got far enough up the pitch-partly because he had a weak full back (Hanson) behind him and partly because Leeds didn't allow him to.Derby didn't move the ball around quickly enough and allowed Leeds to press high up the field.

I recall a similar performance against Middlesbro away two years ago. We have different players but the outcome was the same. Tactically the system doesn't cope with high energy, physical sides such as Leeds who press high up the field.

Quit the hate. Leeds were able to double up on him, sometimes even treble up on him, due to our lack of supporting left back (not Jamie's fault) not helped by the lack of movement from the centre midfielders to his right. Anyone would have struggled last night in those circumstances. Get real some of you

He's 27, has been here a year, made no impact at all, is hopeless at any defensive side of the game and I've barely seen him run at a full back.

god knows how he gets so much support from derby fans, just a poor footballer and a poor signing.  

To be fair to him he looks like he tries hard enough but just not good enough, will not knock him for that. Can only try, but is not tour to the job and never will be.

Sky mentioned his assist last week, a five yard pass to someone thirty yards out!

45 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

He's 27, has been here a year, made no impact at all, is hopeless at any defensive side of the game and I've barely seen him run at a full back.

god knows how he gets so much support from derby fans, just a poor footballer and a poor signing.  

To be fair to him he looks like he tries hard enough but just not good enough, will not knock him for that. Can only try, but is not tour to the job and never will be.

Sky mentioned his assist last week, a five yard pass to someone thirty yards out!

Maybe Clement got the wrong Camara! It seems he got the wrong Ollson, looks like he wanted Martin not Marcus. Not difficult to disagree either.

Canara got to go for me, would give Wiemann a shirt over him all day long.

The only person who got things badly wrong last night was Stevie Mac.

Camara was far too deep. He should be sat permanently in their half ready to receive the ball. Everytime he got the ball he was in his own half and was crowded out.

Hanson is the next Mark O'Brien, shows great promise but as the years go on the level in which he should be playing goes down. 

Shackell should not have been selected over Peace, the only way Shackell should have played was for a back 3.

Had Camara played for Leeds last night I bet he would have torn us a new one! 

1 hour ago, dajstrawb said:

Quit the hate. Leeds were able to double up on him, sometimes even treble up on him, due to our lack of supporting left back (not Jamie's fault) not helped by the lack of movement from the centre midfielders to his right. Anyone would have struggled last night in those circumstances. Get real some of you

True. There was one point in the first half (I think), where Camara got hold of the ball saw no options, so took it down the wing, he got 10-15 yards and was swarmed by 4 Leeds players he tried to hold on to it and looked for a team mate, no one showed up for him and he lost the ball. 

The was I see it was at least he was trying to do something positive on the few chances he got with the ball. We had a lot of players hiding in that first half last night, look at how few options Keogh and Shack had when they got the ball. So we ended up with Shack to Keogh, back to Shack, pressure from Leeds long ball, possession lost. 

Fair play to Leeds they did their homework and were relentless. A lot of our players need to take a look at themselves after that performance.

35 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Camara was far too deep. He should be sat permanently in their half ready to receive the ball. Everytime he got the ball he was in his own half and was crowded out.

Hanson is the next Mark O'Brien, shows great promise but as the years go on the level in which he should be playing goes down. 

Shackell should not have been selected over Peace, the only way Shackell should have played was for a back 3.

I said about macs tactics in the match thread, with Camara and Ince both getting chalk on their boots i felt they gave leeds too much space in the middle of the park with De Sart and Bryson being exposed and overun. I know it was a cobbled together side, but with the size of our squad and the money spent on players it emphasised to me the lack of cohesive thinking their has been in our aquisitions.

Leeds on the other hand seem to have bought well and for me it shows again why Gary Monk was so highly thought of, but that's another debate.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Shackell should have played left back, he can do it, not perfect but better than Hanson who is a reserve right footed midfielder 

Archived