Razza Camara

Arsene Titman

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I presume you're talking about this season, because his stats from previous years make your statement laughable.

Talking about his time at DCFC his scoring ratio was much better in SPL

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Monty said:

Tell me which season impresses you and we'll all have a laugh 

How about last season where he was involved in 18 goals. Or the season before where he was involved in 14. Decent stats for a winger who does a hell of a lot of defensive work. He's not on top form going forward at the moment, but then again, only Ince is. He's suffered with Martin's absence as has everyone.

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

I'm saying he doesn't actually score enough for his position I think he should have scored against Reading and Leicester

He has scored enough in recent seasons, but even with his recent lack of prowess in front of goal, he still offers enough for me that he should be in the starting XI.

Can't comment on Reading as I wasn't there, but it is very harsh to say he should have scored against Leicester - the ball skipped off the turf, Simpson missed the ball and the angle was extremely tight. It would've been a world class finish to score from there.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Why are we letting players go (tbc with camara) that can be game changers? JR is not such a player; for me there is no sense of anticipation when he gets the ball and he rarely makes anything happen. He scores few goals for his position - people talk about his contributions elsewhere but for me too many poor performances. 

Who are the game-changers we are letting go, the sales of whom have wound you up so tightly?

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Who are the game-changers we are letting go, the sales of whom have wound you up so tightly?

We've let AW go and Camara tbc but plenty of negative comment on here about camara although in 5 minutes against Leicester I thought he demonstrated just why we should be keeping him; both creative players offering qualities for the run-in

Just now, Monty said:

We've let AW go and Camara tbc but plenty of negative comment on here about camara although in 5 minutes against Leicester I thought he demonstrated just why we should be keeping him; both creative players offering qualities for the run-in

And on the other hand, in 45 minutes against Leeds he demonstrated reasons not to keep him. There's no point judging a player off of such a short period of time, especially when it's because he had a nice little run in the last few minutes against a tiring Leicester defence.

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

I thought that we had turned down 3 bids for Camara - or has something changed?

And how many times this season has Weimann been a game-changer? Last season, he had a golden 75 minutes against Hull in the second leg of the playoffs, but I'm struggling to think of any other time he has lived up to the reputation that was created for him - by Derby fans - when he arrived at Derby.

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

And on the other hand, in 45 minutes against Leeds he demonstrated reasons not to keep him. There's no point judging a player off of such a short period of time, especially when it's because he had a nice little run in the last few minutes against a tiring Leicester defence.

LUFC so dominated the first half due to the 2-3-1 line up giving them superiority in midfield. Camara was closed down by 3 opponents at times and isolated with no good option. This was a tactical/management issue that SM went some way towards fixing at HT. I wouldn't hold this against camara - I still believe he is a talented footballer 

14 minutes ago, eddie said:

And how many times this season has Weimann been a game-changer? Last season, he had a golden 75 minutes against Hull in the second leg of the playoffs, but I'm struggling to think of any other time he has lived up to the reputation that was created for him - by Derby fans - when he arrived at Derby.

Yeah I saw that and hope we retain him as I say it was rumours tbc. Re AW I thought he was a good option off the bench with pace full backs didn't like and would have like to see more of him starting with him and TI either side of the CF. He did though have a period out injured at the start of the season

2 hours ago, Monty said:

I'm saying he doesn't actually score enough for his position I think he should have scored against Reading and Leicester

Yet Camara has scored 21 goals in his whole career, which is 4 less than Russell has scored for us......

Personally I would have played AW ahead of JR - haven't really dug into the numbers but AC's strike rate in the two seasons before he joined us is I think from a superficial look almost identical to JR's strike for his DCFC career to date! It's ratio rather than absolute numbers - but aren't stats great! 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

The ultimate one game wonder.

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

I would start any of Russell, Anya, Blackman and Weimann ahead of Camara, but I'd bring Camara off the bench before any of Russell, Anya, Blackman or Weimann.

Full agreement. 

He's a fantastic impact player, in fact I can remember very few better. Pesch & Lupoli maybe? 

Archived